Australian motorsport future

LeeM

A big issue with these cars and race series such as this is being contracted and bound by the race promoters and manufacturer of the car ,,,example the Aussie cars ,,,you purchased the car and had all the maintenance done by the manufacturer "Phil Wards" and you were told you had to attend the events that they wanted you at and do what they wanted or your out with minimum refund of your fund outlayed ,,,,You had no freedom of choice as to where you compete with the car ,,,I know this because I looked at purchasing one ,,,but when I found out all the hidden details and the attitude from Mr Ward  I walked away ...

Radical are another one who control their product ,,,they dont want anyone working on their cars or oftering replacement parts other than them ..

Many supersprinters I compete against had Radicals and ultimately sold them due to the overwhelming control radical had over them and the cars ,,Week end club racers like myself wish to do things there way and to a budget that suits them ,,,no be held to ransom by promoters and manufacturers .

That's just shit! I was told about the Aussie car series owners being dictators. Never knew about the Radicals, so I'd better tell a mate who is looking into it. They would be great fun to drive I imagine.

It seems club racers aren't even considered when it comes to the bigger shows like Supercars and Shannons Nationals which is a pity, as they would provide much more entertainment than what's on offer now. I remember the days of Group N with the Cortina's and old Mustangs etc. That was always brilliant to watch, as is the Group S now, yet why arent they considered by Supercars and Shannon's series...them not wanting to pay the appearance fees? 

S'pose I'm just over all the professional motorsport now, as it always seems to be about fuel and tyre strategies, endurance races and how much cash you can throw at a car and not based on raw racing ability. It's very stale unless the leaders are close together on the last lap or two which seems to be so predictable now.

I need to get out and watch more grass roots racing live at the track 

Don't google abandoned race tracks. 

The places it all started have been left to the environment. Big money lured all the players into contracts and now you have the 'natural evolution'.

We're hoping to bring Speed on Tweed back this year. Fingers crossed. It's an awesome show.

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

That's just shit! I was told about the Aussie car series owners being dictators. Never knew about the Radicals, so I'd better tell a mate who is looking into it. They would be great fun to drive I imagine.

It seems club racers aren't even considered when it comes to the bigger shows like Supercars and Shannons Nationals which is a pity, as they would provide much more entertainment than what's on offer now. I remember the days of Group N with the Cortina's and old Mustangs etc. That was always brilliant to watch, as is the Group S now, yet why arent they considered by Supercars and Shannon's series...them not wanting to pay the appearance fees? 

S'pose I'm just over all the professional motorsport now, as it always seems to be about fuel and tyre strategies, endurance races and how much cash you can throw at a car and not based on raw racing ability. It's very stale unless the leaders are close together on the last lap or two which seems to be so predictable now.

I need to get out and watch more grass roots racing live at the track 

Currently a number of Radicals up for sale on My 105 for very reasonable money ,,,but as I said you can only get replacement parts of them and they really look at you badly if you decide to do the work on the car your self ,,,even been told that they would no sell a replacement part if they did not to the work on the car ...??? As I said above many whom I competed against have sold the cars due to the control they were put under by Radical ...