Cayenne 957 - Solid black?

dan_189

Hey all,

Looking for a Cayenne S - not in any rush but i'd like to know if anyone has an L041 or solid black (non-metallic) coloured 957 (07-09)?

Seems almost all of the Cayenne S are metallic black - either LC9Z (pre-08') or Z4Z4 (post 08') - the brochure states solid black was an option.

Can anyone shed some light on whether solid black came to Australia?

Or am I looking for something that doesn't exist?

Cheers!

1 minute ago, dan_189 said:

I haven't - do they release that kind of information? :) 

I am not sure if they can search by that data field, but it wouldn't hurt to ask them, it usually helps to have a VIN # if you know of one 'supposedly' delivered in that colour.  Hit up Craig Adam, he's usually very generous with his time. 

2 minutes ago, edgy said:

I am not sure if they can search by that data field, but it wouldn't hurt to ask them, it usually helps to have a VIN # if you know of one 'supposedly' delivered in that colour.  Hit up Craig Adam, he's usually very generous with his time. 

Thanks - much appreciated! 

18 minutes ago, ANF said:

Carsales research feature, it lists Basalt Black and Black, depends if anyone actually ordered it.....

https://www.carsales.com.au/car-research/details/Porsche-Cayenne-2008/SPOT-ITM-267123/?Cr=16

Thanks - the PDF brochure I have also specifies a black but youre right, hopefully someone ordered one and wants to sell it eventually! 

15 minutes ago, dan_189 said:

Thanks - the PDF brochure I have also specifies a black but youre right, hopefully someone ordered one and wants to sell it eventually! 

Why not metallic? You do realise that on such a large car it will get dirty just looking at it... 😂

10 hours ago, D2000 said:

How did you black out the lights?

My lens covers had pretty bad damage from the Aussie sun, so I did this as a part of a headlight restoration project. Polishing was not really an option, as there were deep cracks from the damage. Short story:

1. Order new lens covers from http://www.headlight-headlamp.com/Porsche-Cayenne-Headlight-Lens-Cover-Cracked-Foggy-Headlamp-Plastic-Covers-Lenses-Scratched-Replacement.html
  2. Take out headlight assembly from car
  3. Cut out old lens covers from assembly. This took about 1,000,000hours, because the glue is very difficult to remove
  4. Remove "Reflectors" (they are not really reflectors, just painted matte silver).
  5. Paint reflectors with matte black Plasti Dip spray can
  6. Reinstall reflectors
  7. Glue new lens covers to headlight assembly with windshield adhesive.
  8. Reinstall headlight assembly 

I was expecting to fail and have to buy new assemblies, but they turned out awesome. Brings the look of the car forward 5 years. Point 3 was the painful one.

Archived