1980 911SC Targa

Up for sale is my 1980 (MY81) 911SC Targa in it's original factory guards red with beige leather interior.  It has 280k kilometres on the clock.

I have owned this car for 18 months and it has been a joy to own, I have done a few things ($20k worth of parts and labour in this period) in my ownership which have brought it back to its original glory:

•  New Carpets (Biscuit colour square weave)
  •  Wevo shift kit
  • Leather seats restored
  • Targa roof restored by Dan Petchel in the US (apparently he is the best!)
  • New door cards to replace the aged bent cardboard ones
  • Elephant racing complete suspension restoration package (dramatic improvement in handling and agility)
  • New alternator
  • Services by Porsche Centre Melbourne
  • All new targa roof seals supplied by Porsche Melbourne

Aside from that it is a very honest fun car, it's the epitome of the 80's. As can be seen from the Christmas tree on the roof it's a surprisingly practical car too!
It comes with a period correct Blaupunkt Dusseldorf radio (Bluetooth upgrade by Chrome London for the vintage look but modern functionality).  
Lots of the usual culprits and minor things which are a hassle with a car of this vintage have been repaired and work as new, the factory auto heat works as intended which is rare!

If anything were still to be done to it they are minor, I’d replace the rear reflector and maybe new seatbelts…Aside from that the car is a peach.
I am offering it to the forum for a couple of weeks prior to going to carsales or similar, I’d love to see this car end up with someone who will appreciate it and keep it in great condition.  Asking price is $90k which I think is great value for a car in this condition..  If you are serious and want to have a chat drop me a message and I would be happy to discuss every detail of this car.  I am in Armadale, Victoria and can arrange a time for anyone to view.  As can be seen in the photos I am a huge fan of the car and will be sad to see it go!  There is a comprehensive history attached as a PDF...As you can see I don't mind a bit of detail, this took ages to pull together!

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_5235.jpg

56230828430__D80A6D62-FFEF-4225-82AF-067E37A3DD07.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

c90a5142-24fc-4a07-b351-2e7c8c3f600e.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_5477.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

Porsche 911SC Targa Service History.pdf

Surprised this has not sold yet! It appears to be a well presented and sorted example of 911 SC and its Red ( i wanted a Red one) the asking price related to pics IMO is realistic and just wondering is this an indication of the market cool down?

Too much $$$ for a Targa or is it the tan interior? the later would be easier to fix.

GLWTS 

Thanks mate, I feel like i've done a good job in keeping it in great condition along with a few improvements along the way which I am sure will help with a smooth sale.  It went up on carsales a couple of days ago (i'd rather sell it here, but hey it's a small pool of people) and i have had a few enquiries already.  I'm pretty confident it'll go for the asking price.  Maybe coming into winter isn't the best time of year to be selling Targas!

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

Hey all, have had quite a few test pilots, have dropped the price to $85k.  

Thankfully lots of interest, just no one ready to pull the trigger!

I’m in the same boat . I need to sell some stuff to buy some stuff.

If I had sold some stuff I would buy your stuff .

I just showed my wife your car she loves it . 

1 minute ago, wilson59 said:

I’m in the same boat . I need to sell some stuff to buy some stuff.

If I had sold some stuff I would buy your stuff .

I just showed my wife your car she loves it . 

Haha, the old one out, one in!  Wish I had more garage space.

Thanks @wilson59 , bet she would look great in a red targa!

2 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

Haha, the old one out, one in!  Wish I had more garage space.

Thanks @wilson59 , bet she would look great in a red targa!

That is what she said . I said I would buy her a car and really likes the Targa I agree . I got to be honest I have never liked red cars but the combination of the interior and exterior on your car works so well . 

I’m sure it won’t last long