URGENT- 2017 Cayenne GTS or 2019 MacanS

Don79

Hi all,

I’m new to the forum, I have two options with a similar price: Cayenne GTS 2017, 20,000 km with really nice extras OR, new Macan S (need to order and wait few months)

I need to give an answer to the dealer  of the Cayenne shortly - the price is good and the finance is great (EOFY, they want to get read of the car)

i’ll buy An extended warranty for the Cayenne 

any thoughts?

Thanks 

They are different cars from many points.

what are you using it for? Family wagon with young or teenage or older kids, just you and the misses, just you?

i have a petrol Macan S and love it, but spend 70% of the time with just me driving a commute, the other 30% of the time it’s with the mrs and our dog. 

If you are keeping it a while and putting kids older than 8 Or 3 kids in the back get the Cayenne. More space and a flatter roof line. The Macan roof line slopes to the rear and taller passengers struggle.  

As with any Porsche check the options list it makes a huge price difference. A GTS will have far more kit than a standard S Macan. It Sounds like the GTS is aggressively priced and might be the better deal for a family wagon.

Thanks!

sounds that the Cayenne is the winner

to your questions I’m  looking for high quality and good performance (had bad experience with both MB and BMW after the warranty)

The thing is that we also have a Ford Ranger Raptor, so in most weekends we use it (off-road, bicycles, etc)

usage - weekdays it’s only me and sometimes with my 10YO daughter (front seat)

weekends - sometimes with the missus + daughter 

thoughts ?

Weekdays riding solo= Macan is perfect! I daily drive mine and it’s a great place to be. 

I would only go for the Cayenne if you need the space or towing capacity! 

I agree with @Tips consider the Macan GTS too! My dad bought one of those because he could get what he wanted with minimal options compared to a heavily optioned Petrol S.... personally I say buy the Turbo 😂 

7 hours ago, Don79 said:

Thanks!

sounds that the Cayenne is the winner

to your questions I’m  looking for high quality and good performance (had bad experience with both MB and BMW after the warranty)

The thing is that we also have a Ford Ranger Raptor, so in most weekends we use it (off-road, bicycles, etc)

usage - weekdays it’s only me and sometimes with my 10YO daughter (front seat)

weekends - sometimes with the missus + daughter 

thoughts ?

I’m partial to the Macan as I have not driven a Cayenne. Like edgy I daily mine and love it. My daughter loves the turbo flutter in sport and sport + . as per edgy I would go the macan gts for the turbo bits it ads like bigger brakes etc

i think the macan would fit ur needs and imho much sportier than a cayenne

Thanks @edgy the issue is the price of the Macan GTS

Im getting the Cayenne GTS 2017 for 120 drive away, with really nice options

the MacanS with ‘my’ kit is around 126k

the GTS will be around the 145k-150k, I guess (haven’t checked as the starting point was 120k)

so the choice is between the new MacanS to the Cayenne GTS 2017

cheers

8 hours ago, Don79 said:

Thanks @edgy the issue is the price of the Macan GTS

Im getting the Cayenne GTS 2017 for 120 drive away, with really nice options

the MacanS with ‘my’ kit is around 126k

the GTS will be around the 145k-150k, I guess (haven’t checked as the starting point was 120k)

so the choice is between the new MacanS to the Cayenne GTS 2017

cheers

The problem is, options are totally personal, for me, I could buy the Macan Turbo and be happy with the standard equipment & $10k~  in options... to get a Macan S how I wanted, it was adding $25-30k in options (GTS was not an option back when I ordered the turbo) I think the GTS is the nice middle ground, that is what my dad ordered and was happy to keep options low too because the standard equipment was to his desires. 

If the Cayenne GTS is a CPO car, highly optioned, and priced well.. go for it if you like it, I really feel strongly against over capitalising on options when buying new! Let someone else take a bath on it I say!! :lol: Those newer Cayenne GTS share the 3.6 TT motor with the Macan (and Panamera I believe) it's (to my understanding) the flagship bent 8 with 2 cylinders lobbed off it, I also understand its the same architecture as the V4 found in the LMP1 919 ...it may be an empty thought, but I wanted the motor with the most R&D in it, so far so good...and it pulls like a school boy with a dirty magazine. 

Be warned its thirsty, and will be more so in a bigger Cayenne! 

Good luck 

On 27/06/2019 at 18:22, edgy said:

I really feel strongly against over capitalising on options when buying new! Let someone else take a bath on it I say!! :lol: 

Totally agree. I purchased a Macan S which has over $30k in options. I purchased second hand at a fair price so others had paid most of the option tax. Trying to sell in this market has every dickhead wanting my highly optioned car for the base model price, although I’m not asking a lot more. 🙄

Go with what’s going to put a smile on you’re face 

On 28 June 2019 at 20:18, Tips said:

Totally agree. I purchased a Macan S which has over $30k in options. I purchased second hand at a fair price so others had paid most of the option tax. Trying to sell in this market has every dickhead wanting my highly optioned car for the base model price, although I’m not asking a lot more. 🙄

Go with what’s going to put a smile on you’re face 

So you still don't want to sell it to me for $60k???  My wife is still in the market ...

20 minutes ago, D2000 said:

So you still don't want to sell it to me for $60k???  My wife is still in the market ...

Funniest guy on the forum today 😂

lift your bid  circa $10k and we can do a deal

20 minutes ago, D2000 said:

Ouch.  I think Tips was last asking circa 74k in his advert.  60k is certainly an offer but that is a big ask.  Good luck.

Thanks all

sorry for the delay

i missed the GTS by one day... 

Already booked a flight to Melbourne (I’m from Brisbane), and the night before the flight the dealer sent an SMS that the car was sold for much more than what we agreed on (I didn’t want to give a deposit to the dealer, not a Porsche one, without seeing it 1st)

Anyway, thank you all

next time I’ll prioritise that over work