To Decal, or not to Decal, that my friends is the question!

Kerry

OK Gang, I'm just putting it out there, running it up the flagpole and see who salutes, and all that, what what...

Since I bought DEXTER (92'RS), a couple of years ago, I have had a lingering question bugging me - to decal, or not! My other 911 does have them, and does look better for it.

The RS could, I believe, be spec'd with the traditional CARRERA side decals, however mine wasn't. He is however, exactly as he came out of the factory with black paint and gloss white "Cup" wheels.

So, based on the pics below I wonder if we could do a straw poll as to PFA consensus - yes or no, and if yes, which A,B,C,or D?

I'm not saying that I'll go with the majority, but I am interested in your feedback! :P

Cheers,

Kerry

A - as is

post-2-126397565337_thumb.jpg

B - matt charcoal grey

post-2-12639757163_thumb.jpg

C - gloss grey

post-2-126397574656_thumb.jpg

D - balls out white!

post-2-126397577948_thumb.jpeg

or make it look like Walter Röhrl's!

E

post-2-126397748584_thumb.jpg

Hi Kerry,

Personally I like your car the way it is, but out of the selections that you posted D-balls out white! is what I would go with. It ties in nicely with your wheels for colour & confidence.

Regards

Matt

Hi Kerry,

The car looks great as it is, but the ''D'' white decal is the one I think looks the best, just on decals or sign's I am currently fixing up the babies bedroom (garage that is) and am look for some one to do the 911SC and Boxster logo's (250mm high) also looking for PCAR posters any idea's.

Regs, PC5953.

(p.s. the garage floor go's down tomorrow cheq/flag pattern)

also looking for PCAR posters any idea's.

Peter,

I definitely getting the vibe that DEX should stay naked and natural, just as he came into this world!

As for posters, I have some which I can email you. Does your mailbox have a limit? I'll email you one and see how you go...

Cheers everyone for your input, butt naked DEXTER will remain! ;)

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

I am going to go lateral with maybe Red lettering (matches your rear badge outline and brakes) and White background (wheels). Or maybe the reverse.

Cheers, 9fan.

Hmmm.. could be interesting, although I think we're starting to edge toward "lairy"! :D I'm thinking that maybe keeping DEX as understated as possible might be of ultimate advantage... ;):)

Cheers for the thoughts though, have a good Targa on Sunday.

Kerry

KISS.

Why spoil the pure line.

It's like lusting after a good looker only to find that she has tattoos on her legs.

I prefer the simple line on everything though, so I guess I'm not the one to judge.

After all I went to the trouble to remove the wing from my car to regain the basic form.

Dave

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for the posters I have had them printed and laminated and they are up on the wall of the babies bedroom and they look great, I to am having a problem with uploading photo's?

Regs, PC5953

Archived