If you ever visit Maui

Tips

Over here escaping a Sydney winter for a week and detoxing between jobs.

The mrs suggested we take a 2 hour drive to a famous volcano on Maui. It takes over an hour to climb from close to sea level  to 10,200 feet.  Imagine a mountain road through a national park that twists and turns for an hour. There is a lot of traffic early as they sell spots for the sunrise from 4-7 am. We wanted to miss traffic so headed out at 10:30. Only a bit of traffic heading up but some crazy people riding down the hill on bikes tourist families 🤪 no safety gear. 

Road as close as I can compare to photos I have seen of pikes peak. 2 lanes no safety railing, some shear drops to amazing views on every bend.

unfortunately we don’t have a P car but I did push the Chevy Malibu harder than most would, couldn’t resist. Climb up was fun but the trip down as equally entertaining when not distracted by the views. I can’t load photos but n insta link to a couple the Mrs captures when not gripping the door handle 😉

I filled the car at the end and was so surprised the bowser had a graphic of a G model 911 although the petrol cap was in the wrong place.

Last photo on the insta feed 🤣

Agree the drive was great but the views at the top are amazing, certainly nothing like I have seen before.  Interesting how the weather changes as you climb through the clouds and back into the sunshine above.

1 hour ago, 01CFOR said:

And always stay at the four seasons for pure luxe.

Yep stayed there last time fab place. Have dinner booked there tomorrow and did the Andaz next door last night, newer and equally lush. We are doing a povo trip on accomodation but spending on meals, as it’s our 3rd trip to US in 9 months so keeping it in check this time.

• 1 month later...