New Porsche Owner (Sydney)

Hello There

I discovered this wonderful site on Google so I would like to Introduce myself my name is Adrian I live in Sydney and I just recently purchased a 1998 Porsche Boxster 986 Convertible she is in absolute mint condition on the inside and out. I'm lookin forward to many amazing days and nights behind the wheel of this fantastic piece of machinery.

Check out the car below...

http://img688.images...31/16630719.jpg

Cheers.

desismileys_4547.gif

Hey well done Adrian, nice car, tell us about it, tip or manual, K's any other mods, I can see those wheels are certainly different. What size are they?

Any other shots of it?

Good to see another Boxster in the Ranks and another Sydneysider joining up, you have some good company up there.

I wan't going to mention that word while he is still excited with his new car!!!

I actually typed it in and then thought no, I would spoil the fun of the moment.

But Adrian, Theo is right, if you got the car at a good price and can afford to have it done (if it hasn't already been done) it would be a good investment and a worry off your mind.

Nice avatar there T man, one pair of cool dudes in a white awsome sounding monster.

Adrian, rather than having a fragmented discussion on IMS, check out the link below:

Best place to have the IMS upgrade done (if necessary)? I'd suggest you talk to Autohaus Hamilton :ph34r:

(But I would, 'cause I work there!)

If you bought the car in Manly, you are prolly on the N Shore, and we are in Dee Why.

Dem sure are big boots.

20" going to give you a harsh ride, they certainly add some bling to the black duco (paint for you gen y people).

the harsh ride and extra stress it may cause to your suspension and front end might be worth thinking about in the future, maybe back to 18 or 19" but certainly not trying to turn you off them.

Does it live in the container?

Enjoy it Adrian and have some fun with it.

Yes I have read about the dreaded IMS on another forum and so far so good knock on wood.

As for the rims you either love them or hate them they came with the car and I quite like them so I will be keeping them for now.

:D

That's a pretty laid back attitude. Allow me to direct you here if you haven't been there already.....

Ahhh, looks like our friend James has already given you that advice.

As for the rims you either love them or hate them they came with the car and I quite like them so I will be keeping them for now.

:D

I think we get used to seeing "normal" type wheels and are a bit precious when we see something different on a P car. I don't dislike them, (and who cares if I did, shite, I drive a yellow car so where's my taste anyway) they are quite distinctive and they really do set the car off.

The only thing I think (and I may be right off the mark) is that the harsh ride will effect your enjoyment of the car and the potential hassle it could give your front end and suspension. Plus I would be very surprised if it handles as well as it would with a slightly smaller set of wheels. But mate, enjoy it... the car looks great.

I'm glad also to hear James has chatted you up re the IMS, I was a "it won't happen to me" but in the end relented and had it done recently, I feel a lot better driving it now.

^^ Nice one

How much did it cost you?

Just on $2000.00 which included replacing a slightly weeping axle seal. The log book is also marked with a sticker with the date and k's of the retro fitted IMS bearing. Cheap insurance, considering the price of a new donk.

Regards,

Niko

Archived