Air cooled vs water cooled

Jimmy

Good article Jim, I would have one of each if i could, we could start the tribalism up again Niko to see who bites.

some take it a bit to seriously they are all great cars as could be seen with the selection of cars on our SMB.

Good article Jim, I would have one of each if i could, we could start the tribalism up again Niko to see who bites.

some take it a bit to seriously they are all great cars as could be seen with the selection of cars on our SMB.

I agree, lets hope that ugly word Tribalism is now dead and buried on our forum

An new tribal class for you Niko..."Nostalgic Eccentrics"...??? Love the steam train reference! :-)

Does that reference mean that the Beloved Bluebird now has it's own class?

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I like about air cooled is there's less plumbing when I have to work on the damn thing. If someone else was to work on it, the argument wouldn't hold water (as it were).

Water cooled is less noisy, more stable and these days equally reliable. It's not 1970 anymore and things just work.

But the joy of the air cooled cars is they are simple, basic, raucous and involving to drive. The air cooled component of all of that is relatively minor.

Archived