Wanting to Buy a Carrera 3.0

slowcar

The SC is typical for C3's as stated. First of the "super Carrera" models.

The AC vents under the dash is also standard for the first built C3's. In July 76 they changed to the in dash vents which from all reports was a backwards step.

The headlight washers are wrong, so there is 500euro off the price. The rest looks original except the steering wheel.

Not sure where they get wide body from, I've only looked at the ad on my phone but doesn't look to have the M491 turbo option to me.

It's my understanding the 76 model didn't have them Russ, they came in in the 77 model "upgrade" when they changed from the under dash vents to in dash, turning knob door locks apposed to the button in the top and all poly whale tails if fitted.

Other than that I am yet to discover any other differences.

Looks like a very used example, however if I was in the market for one I'd be on a plane quick as a flash.

Its a very early example as stated above, so it would have a Hand Throttle, which does simplify the CIS a little bit, but not much.

Whats this car worth?

I would have to say they would be looking for 50k+, however in reality, providing it doesn't need much mechanical attention(which it would) I think its probably a 40-45k Car.

But it appears to be quite an honest and relatively original classic carrera 3.0.

Well worth a look. I am holidaying in Sydney in October so if its still there I will go for a look.

*Edit* It has had some love as it has an  11 blade fan and a front strut brace, originally would have had a 5 Blade fan.

Oooh I quite like this one.

Oooh I quite like this one.

Yeah same here. Glad I don't have the garage space, only finished the new garage Tuesday which enabled me to be able to tuck all three cars away at night. No room for a fourth, can't even stack them, already thought of that,

I had to know what it was worth so called them first this this morning.

I would have to say they would be looking for 50k+, however in reality, providing it doesn't need much mechanical attention(which it would) I think its probably a 40-45k Car.

I am guessing I shouldn't say what they are asking so lets just say that your 40-45k is about right. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi is the 3.0 still for sale in WA? If can you please advise the contact details

John@poolcovers.com.au

Thanks

John, which WA car?

Classic Throttle Shop in Sydney have the Red C3 in the link a couple of posts above.

Whats your Budget?

Mine is for sale at the right money.

PM me if you are interested.

Archived