Wanting to Buy a Carrera 3.0

slowcar

That one on NSW site is a good one. priced well as well.

there is a nice green targa for sale as well on car sales.

I know of a white one in WA that may be for sale, but needs alot of body work ie: paint and panel repairs. Its a non sunroof coupe delivered new in Adelaide.

PM me if you are interested and I can give you the guys Phone #.

I know of a white one in WA that may be for sale, but needs alot of body work ie: paint and panel repairs. Its a non sunroof coupe delivered new in Adelaide.

PM me if you are interested and I can give you the guys Phone #.

I think I remember it. The one that was on carsales for ages with mid thirties asking price? You went to WA to inspect it from memory.

I think I remember it. The one that was on carsales for ages with mid thirties asking price? You went to WA to inspect it from memory.

That is correct. He wanted 30 something. after a very long inspection, compression test and drive I offerred in the early 20's.

Everything was there however it desperately needed

- new paint

- The panel just ahead of the fuel tank would need replacement(I would anyway)

- New LHS rear quarter (dented in after someone backed into it)

- Rear stoneguards removed

- All new interior which is simple and cost effective to get one from Lakewell ; It came from the factory with the Blue/Green Tartan trim, again easy to source if not expensive

- Gearbox was actually good, just needed adjustment and maybe some wevo goodness.

- Engine was strong and ran well. It was leaking from many areas, however new oil pipes, cam box cover gaskets and maybe front and rear seals while you are there. Not a concern.

The biggest expense with this car would be the metal work as I could tell that after you stripped her you would be there doing more items like front and rear glass surround rust removal and there was an older front end accident repair that wasn't the best so some time would be needed to put this right..........

Well worth the time and effort if you could secure it for early to mid $20k.

Why didn't I buy it? The guy who did the PPI had a much better one that was 'sort of for sale'. After about 6 weeks of negotiation (mainly him deciding to sell) we struck a deal and it was mine. It was 95% body and 100% mechanical so less work for me and ultimately less cash in the end.................

I have been thinking about contacting the white cars owner again and obtaining that one as well as a restoration project................after my 968 CS moves on to its next keeper.

Only driven on Sundays so I believe.

It is a nice car. I had a quick look and cant seem to find anything advertising it still for sale, maybe he sold it? He did also have it on MY105 from memory. It is on the PCV home page though (white one).

I looked at this one when I was hunting for a C3 a few years ago (went to Canberra to test drive it). Nice car.

I have contacted him to see if it was my Dads.

From memory I think I contacted him when it was for sale last time........

Why didn't you Buy it?

Also, have you registered with Carrera 3.0 Register yet? I can give you the link detals if you want!!!

I have contacted him to see if it was my Dads.

From memory I think I contacted him when it was for sale last time........

Why didn't you Buy it?

Also, have you registered with Carrera 3.0 Register yet? I can give you the link detals if you want!!!

He was asking a fair bit more last time, and ended up buying one in better condition for less

Yes. All UK delivered cars came with sunroof's and as such didn't appear as an option code on the delivery card. The white one in WA is a No sunroof car. But it didn't have rear pop out windows either.......or someone just fixed the windows in situ with 911 SC seals. Or it was a 911 SC body with the guts of a C3 in it.................(dodgy????)

Non sunroof are definitely rarer however the Targa's are the rarest(by production #'s)

Register link :

http://911carrera3.com/carrera-3-0-registry/

I have always admired the Carrera 3.0.

Gerat car. Built in limited numbers.

Very underated IMO from a driving and collectibility perspective.

Porsche diluted the Carrera name in later years. I can see from a marketing point of view why they did but in years gone by Carrera was a reserved name.

Great choice guys.

• 3 weeks later...

Those cars have a much higher price range than an equivalent SC - is that the approximate price difference between a carrera and an SC, or are they overpriced? Further up the thread there was talk about prices in the mid-low 30s, or is that for a very average car?

I like the exclusivity of the Carrera 3.0, but wouldn't a later 3.2 car be as good or better?

I like the exclusivity of the Carrera 3.0, but wouldn't a later 3.2 car be as good or better?

It is the exclusivity that makes the Carrera 3.0 price higher than an SC or 3.2 - both are great cars also, just more common.

I saw the one posted on the Porsche Club NSW site at the QLD Porsche Club concours a couple of months ago. Only it had a fact sheet in the windscreen saying 'current value $40,000 (approx)'. I tried to hunt around for the owner to have a closer look (it had a big 'for sale' sign) but couldn't find them and had to leave. I got a couple of good pics of it:

27ybq85.jpg

I get a bit confused when I see a 25% price difference on the same car.

I don't think I got any side-on ones because of other cars parked next to it. It wasn't in the show, just in the carpark. So images are all 3/4 view, either from the front or back.

I should probably post a pic thread from the event as there were some nice and interesting cars there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

A caveat emptor relatively high km car . Not sure why they haven't at least detailed it a bit , and it has 10 years of no maintenance , not so great with a CIS car.

PPI mandatory and budget 5-10k to get it in decent shape. 

Archived