Cracked Rim - What To Do?

Digital Mouth

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mate AGR is the guy I PMd you about. I've been going to him from when he sold second hand tyres out of a garage - now owns a complex.

Great guy (Rami) and believe it or not he is actually a dentist who diversified. Great great prices if you go in person and haggle - tip: go early as weekends are mental.

PM me if you need an intro to him. Mate got 18 inch genuine Caynenne rims with rubber for less than 2 grand incl new rubber for the $ plus swap with his old rims with worn rubber

Yours are great and the same sort of style I am after.

I have also spoken to a chap there at AGR today over the phone enquiring about these

P12__MS_CARRERA__4f9381a366d79_250x188.gif

they are in 18" which is as high as I want to go and he does have a set for a boxster. He was a bit hard to understand but he gets a glowing report from DOISH so I might find out about delivery to Melb and just ensure they will fit mine, so your cracked Bling Rim has helped both of us out.

He is awesome and generally rushes you off the phone as he is "not exactly warm and fuzzy" and has told me he often just gets people using him to price match so just is a shocker on the blower. As i said, go in person and he is totally fantastic - never ever try there on a Saturday morning unless your car is 2 inches of the ground and has a sound system in every spare available space in the car, its mayhem.

A mate got new Cayenne rims and rubber $1800 exchange for his old smaller worn rims and generally all his busines is word of mouth.

If you need me to see him let me know and im planing a visit in the next few weeks as he had knock of Fuchs, polished and painted for $1100 for a set - looked unreal however i missed out and im going back to see what he has available in the next shippment.

Hey Niko i just spoke to him as well and he said you guys chatted (?) you from Belgian (???) or is that DM? Anyway he is looking around for some rims for me (i would love Hugh's however just dont have the budget - they look perfect) and im probably going in next week.

Thanks Doish, obviously a bit tricky for me from Melb, but if I am going to get something I will let you know. Your right about the phone, but that's ok I understand where he is at.

I'm still trying to work out if these rims will fit, think they may be too wide.

My OEM 2001S wheels are 7" and 8.5"

The ones he tells me he has (pictured) and will fit are 8" front and 9" rear. (18")

Me thinks too wide???any expert help from someone who knows about wheel fitment would be appreciated

Just seen your message before I got mine on, no mate I am from Melb born and bred so he must be talking about D.M.

Yours are great and the same sort of style I am after.

I have also spoken to a chap there at AGR today over the phone enquiring about these

P12__MS_CARRERA__4f9381a366d79_250x188.gif

they are in 18" which is as high as I want to go and he does have a set for a boxster. He was a bit hard to understand but he gets a glowing report from DOISH so I might find out about delivery to Melb and just ensure they will fit mine, so your cracked Bling Rim has helped both of us out.

Yes that's him and he is a bit hard to understand because he is from the Middle East and has an accent I can tell you he is a very busy man his phone wouldn't stop ringing when I was there the complex is huge with hundreds of tires and wheels there were about two or three different types I liked and would have liked to have seen them fitted to the car so I could make a clearer decision :P But that wasn't possible and I'm glad to hear that awful crack has been a positive for both of us so far.

:)

Archived