CAYMAN S buyers guide and tips ....UNIQUE CARS

Niko

Thanks Niko. I have always rated the Cayman and a little disappointed we don't have one in our midst on the SMTs .

Very nice car and good value I think in the second hand market.

I think that they will become even more affordable with the release of the new iteration.

Thanks Niko. I have always rated the Cayman and a little disappointed we don't have one in our midst on the SMTs .

Very nice car and good value I think in the second hand market.

I think that they will become even more affordable with the release of the new iteration.

Theo,

I will have one in early Feb for up to 3 weeks, you are welcome drive it.

They are an amazing little car that have huge amount of grip and handling capabilities.

Hey Jim I was thinking that maybe you should get them to give you a new model Cayman. Whatever you are getting serviced/repaired should wait until the new Cayman is released. Now that might impress me!!!!!!!

Hey Jim I was thinking that maybe you should get them to give you a new model Cayman. Whatever you are getting serviced/repaired should wait until the new Cayman is released. Now that might impress me!!!!!!!

You never know your luck in a big city, or is that in a Porschaholic city

• 3 months later...

Congrats

I've just picked one up second hand... Flying to syd now to drive it back with the the girlfriend..

Should be fun! (if the IMS doesn't go BANG!)

Well done, look forward to hearing your story, on how you went about getting it and the drive home. Photos would be nice.

I am a big fan of Cayman,s , lots of bang for your buck, and cosmetically they just look great.

What model/year etc did you get?

Picked it up early Sunday... and started the drive back.

I normally drive new Toyotas (work for a dealership) and have to admit that the Cayman feels a "heavier" car to drive... 

I love the sound the engine makes when in the upper rpm.. this was my first time driving from Syd to Bris and have to admit the roads leave a lot to be desired... some are quite bumpy... 

Overtaking is fantastic! But I hate how some of the overtaking lanes have a speed camera ready to catch you... 

Didnt get home till 10:30pm... When I was passenger, I wasn't able to get much sleep.. not sure if that was because of the firm ride, or the uneasiness the driver gave me when she was behind the wheel!

file_zps8000a8fd.jpg

mikedsilva, on 10 Apr 2013 - 13:08, said:

Picked it up early Sunday... and started the drive back.

I normally drive new Toyotas (work for a dealership) and have to admit that the Cayman feels a "heavier" car to drive...

I love the sound the engine makes when in the upper rpm.. this was my first time driving from Syd to Bris and have to admit the roads leave a lot to be desired... some are quite bumpy...

Overtaking is fantastic! But I hate how some of the overtaking lanes have a speed camera ready to catch you...

Didnt get home till 10:30pm... When I was passenger, I wasn't able to get much sleep.. not sure if that was because of the firm ride, or the uneasiness the driver gave me when she was behind the wheel!

file_zps8000a8fd.jpg

Congratulations Mikedsilva, car looks great, silver is perfect for the Cayman. Welcome to the family, and being another Qlder on the forum

the Cayman feels a "heavier" car to drive... 

Congrats on the purchase.. have driven a couple and are great cars.. wish i had one :)

I understand what you mean about it feeling "heavier", to me it translated to it feeling more sturdy/solid.. a bit heavier steering, clutch a bit heavier (I drove a manual).. 

Archived