987 lowering springs?

Philbee

Hi boxster dudes,

My stock 987 (2008 S) rides high i feel. Heres a stock google image. Theres a lowering set of springs for them.

Any recommendations or suggestions? The  H&R ones i saw on design911 site drops it 35mm. Seems ok. Im not looking for performance or greater handling, my boxster is a daily/sunday cruiser only... Just looking for it to look a little better..... 

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt65_236_-cma81-cmo82-ct293/Porsche/Boxster-986-987-981/Boxster-987-32-34L-2005-08-08/H-R-Lowering-Springs-for-Porsche/

Other than possible more front bumper scraps, any other down sides I should be aware of?

image.png.86d04a6708d04aed67e102e4f1221825.png

Thanks in advance

philbee

Edited by Philbee
added link

1 hour ago, Philbee said:

Hi boxster dudes,

My stock 987 (2008 S) rides high i feel. Heres a stock google image. Theres a lowering set of springs for them.

Any recommendations or suggestions? The  H&R ones i saw on design911 site drops it 35mm. Seems ok. Im not looking for performance or greater handling, my boxster is a daily/sunday cruiser only... Just looking for it to look a little better..... 

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt65_236_-cma81-cmo82-ct293/Porsche/Boxster-986-987-981/Boxster-987-32-34L-2005-08-08/H-R-Lowering-Springs-for-Porsche/

Other than possible more front bumper scraps, any other down sides I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance

philbee

great colour!!  I finished up with Eibach springs and 15 mm spacers front and rear. Recommended by Niko. Very , very happy with results in terms of stance and handling. I hear the H+R lower a bit too much with additional sagging later on.  I don't scrap my bumper , but sometimes the little plastic lips under the car in the front can touch the ground in a fast , tight turn. Hope this is helpful to you. If you PM me , I can give you costs and suppliers. Cheers, Arne.

lower springs.jpg

3 hours ago, Philbee said:

Hi boxster dudes,

Thanks in advance

philbee

I installed H&R lowering springs on my previous 2008 987.1 Boxster S and the front would scrape on speed bumps and driveways - I wouldn't recommend it. I now own a 987.2 Spyder and now my bumper doesn't scrape at all. It lowers the car by 25mm and also improves the handling of the car over the 987.1.  You can buy the 987.2 Spyder suspension package from Carnewal - also fits the 987.1.

http://www.carnewal.com/products/987/p87018/987-2-Spyder-Suspension-Package

If you don't intend to spend that much - find a set of springs that lowers it by 25mm. 

Thanks @Arne Krix... 

the eibachs ar alot dearer than the HR ones. Not sure I want to spend more than I have to. Im sure the ride is great though. What did yours lower by?  HR sag later?  oh, that is not good. Thanks I better check on that...

Hi @Apogee

Or I could upgrade to a spyder...!!! 🥴

Yes, good point, maybe 35mm too much...

With anything I replace or modify on my car , I personally look for quality , tried and tested ,installed by experts, not necessarily for cheaper product and service . After all , whatever it might be , I am relying for it to do the job , when I drive fast , close to the limit. If you go by the old saying ' you buy cheap , you buy twice' , in the Automotive you could argue , ' you buy cheap , you might never be able to buy again'. I also think , if  I ever sell my car , I have to assume the next owner wants to drive it to what it is designed to do . I don't want to pass on a hazard to somebody else. Once you alter factory settings and engineering principles , it pays to do your homework , talk to experts , find feedback , etc , let the cost be not the primary decision making factor. Just saying.

On 06/11/2020 at 18:11, Arne Krix said:

What is your cost on the H+R? I think the Eibach springs were $545 , just checked invoice.

Where did you nab yours from mate?

I've spoken to my indy Porsche mechanic, and he backed both H&R and Eibach, and said they were quite equal, so you can't really go wrong choosing one over the other.

Did/does anyone advise upgrading any other components/bushings "while they're there"?