Pre Purchase Inspection Shop Recommendation (Sydney)

I am looking at a 1984 911 3.2 and am trying to decide which shop to do the pre-purchase inspection. Both BWA Auto (Seven Hills) and Autohous Hamilton (Chatswood) have been very helpfull to date and would like to use one of these guys. The issue is the cost - BWA Auto is $648 vs AH which is $1,485. Both include compression test. Can anyone provide any input on why there is such a difference? Any view on either shop. Thanks

Its always a tough decision to choose a mechanic for a PPI if you don't have any prior experience with them.  I have mostly heard positive feedback regarding AH, but that quote sounds excessive. I would not accept that cost.

I have recently arranged several PPI 's and the average cost was $700-800. In fact the most reasonable of all I found was at a Porsche Centre (Dealership). About $890 for PPI including Compression test (including GST). 

Specifically in Sydney, I also had a good experience with PR Technology. Their price was approximately $800 including Compression test (& including GST). 

It's also about feeling comfortable with the person/workshop you're dealing with, so that you have confidence in their opinions. 

BWA Auto did the Ims solution on my 6.2 5 years ago , By the reciepts and correspondence some typed some hand written,  And a couple of phone calls from me when buying the car they seem like a good mob. ( And the 6.2 runs and sounds like a sewing machine) Gundo hack on the books😎

• 1 month later...
On 23/12/2020 at 17:30, tomo said:

BWA Auto did the Ims solution on my 6.2 5 years ago , By the reciepts and correspondence some typed some hand written,  And a couple of phone calls from me when buying the car they seem like a good mob. ( And the 6.2 runs and sounds like a sewing machine) Gundo hack on the books😎

Please clarity what is a "6.2"?