DATE & TIME issues on the forum...

Kerry

Hey All!

Vas930 has had an ongoing problem with the dates and times recorded on the forum being out of sync with his own computers place in the space/time continuum.

My computers, and those at the office all seem to be recording the time/date as expected - I only have my son's "gaming" PC to test with, and that also seems fine.

I did hear Kevin and Simon mentioning that they also had problems at the last SMT.

I have submitted a service ticket to Invision Powers, who host the site and provide the software, as well as trawling the tech forums.... we have made a couple of small adjustments, but essentially nothing different. I do know that I have to manually set "+60 minutes" in the control panel at the start of daylight savings, and remove at the end (thanks to those who diligently remind me!), but outside that I can't see what else I can do... I suspect the issue is how the individual computers system software/browsers "relate" to the PFA software, and display their times accordingly.

Sorry... said I'd look into it, but no real result.

:wacko::(

Kerry

There is something "caught up" between the two... Flushing your cache on your browser I reckon will do it. You may lose your auto load usernames and passwords though, just mean re entering them and saving again, but if it bugs you....

Kerry

Vas, Kez might be right. I have had to do that for other issues and fixes things up. I normally do a full delete of all temp Internet files etc.and then reboot just to make sure....

No harm in trying it

Hope it works for you.

C

I don't know your browser app but my guess would be... Either under your File menu, or in your browser preferences, something will will say "Empty Cache", or delete cache... Do it, otherwise what has started as a boil on your bum will grow and eventually cause a spontaneous combustion!!!

You know I'm right!!!

Kerry

I don't know your browser app but my guess would be... Either under your File menu, or in your browser preferences, something will will say "Empty Cache", or delete cache... Do it, otherwise what has started as a boil on your bum will grow and eventually cause a spontaneous combustion!!!

You know I'm right!!!

Kerry

:unsure:  Ok, I will have a go.

Archived