911 IROC

85232652_2578768305692563_8844245146103971840_o56757304_2188584484557669_7020537616302866432_o45529673402_62733033a9_b

It's time for this 911 to go to a new home.  After measuring my talent, experience and testicular girth over an 18 month period...I've come to the conclusion that this deserves a more capable set of hands and feet than I have to offer.  

The car had a fresh top end (Mahle racing p & c's) prior to me picking it up, at Sven's mechanic, so it's fresh & bottom end was examined at the time and all's well there.  I'll be having it serviced in the coming weeks so it will go to the new owner with fresh plugs, filters & ready to go.  Other than fitting a fresh set of sticky rubber, there's not much to do other than drive it.

Why am I selling?  I find I'm faster in a 997 and enjoy a 3 litre underpowered engine more if I'm looking at hopping into a historic car.  This probably says more about my driving ability than anything else but given I've only chosen it six times in the year or so I've had it available (covid blues for a period there), there's no point hanging on to it.  So this deserves a new home with someone who can appropriately wring its neck and enjoy what it has to offer.  Flick me a dm if you're interested - it's a good thing (byo earplugs).

Original 'for sale' thread below:

Closest offer to 110 can take it home.  No mad rush on this one.

Edit - and a couple of clips from when it was racing 18months prior to me picking it up.  '22'.

Had the pleasure of driving #22 around Phillip Island in a test with Tezza and Sven and then was so  hooked on the Iroc  idea and bought my own....😂

Really nice cars to drive and almost makes me consider selling my cup car to go back to these fun beasts.

A good buy and good luck,would make a great club/sprints car.

904E7A47-C120-4301-9165-2C5F439CA446.jpeg

Watching those races ... these things are a hoot.  And properly fast

I was recently thinking of letting mine go but decided that I’d keep it.  Just too much fun.  They’re not that hard to drive.  If you’re after a set and forget club car or something interesting for prod sports, doesn’t get much better than this.  

Just to help peg the 110, mine would not leave me for any less that 160 - making this a steal.  That doesn’t mean anything is wrong with this one.  It’s priced to sell.

I remember that race.  Great fun.  Just what I needed to see before crunching through another day in LockDan

Watching the wheel work in the in car in Harburg’s car ... shit that thing was a beast.  The IROC’s are nowhere near that “busy” to drive.  Lachy is a bit of a “wheelman”.  Fighting the thing all the way.  I hear that car is or may be on the market but again closer to mine in price

So, if you want a well sorted car, this is the one.

Some more background to this car which I found whilst looking through some old emails.

This is an extract of part of an email from the then seller (who I know and trust and with whom I have reced extensively) to me:-

A bit of history (some of which you know) which may or may not help or be important.

The car was originally owned and built by Bernie Stack and Mark Forgie; who had it road registered ... Bernie runs a crash repair business. Terry Lawler then bought it and raced it equally well for one season, but let the SA road registration lapse,  before we bought it. He had (according to A****** ) some engine issues but not sure what. Neither Bernie or Terry ever crashed it to the best of my memory. We bought it from him and didn’t do much to it at all except fit a ridiculously small seat far too close to the steering wheel for Her Majesty who also drove it too fast!!

5 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

Some more background to this car which I found whilst looking through some old emails.

This is an extract of part of an email from the then seller (who I know and trust and with whom I have reced extensively) to me:-

A bit of history (some of which you know) which may or may not help or be important.

The car was originally owned and built by Bernie Stack and Mark Forgie; who had it road registered ... Bernie runs a crash repair business. Terry Lawler then bought it and raced it equally well for one season, but let the SA road registration lapse,  before we bought it. He had (according to A****** ) some engine issues but not sure what. Neither Bernie or Terry ever crashed it to the best of my memory. We bought it from him and didn’t do much to it at all except fit a ridiculously small seat far too close to the steering wheel for Her Majesty who also drove it too fast!!

Nice to see the history falling out.  Making me not want to sell. Amazing to think it had rego at one point in close to current setup.