"Dust-less" brake pads?

Merv

I have used these ceramic pads before on Mercs and they saved a lot of wheel cleaning.  I recall they were made by ATE and also by Hawk.  

What is the current verdict on these types of pads with 996-7 cars?

I used Akebono pads when my Audi needed fronts, the difference in dust was dramatic!  They do still generate some dust, but less of it and it was a sort of sandy beige colour which doesn't stand out on silver wheels.  Used in conjunction with Autoglym clean wheels, they basically didn't need cleaning.  Performance seemed no different to original in the normal daily driving I did, the occasional spirited drive but no track days or the like so not sure how they behave if you really get them hot.  I'll happily try them on my 996 when the time comes.

I have Ferodo DS2500's in mine ATM and the dust is insane (and the noise). I bought a set of Project Mu Euro pads on recommendation from a friend that will be goign into my rebuilt calipers as well as a set of Hawk Street Pad 5.0 to replace the DS2500 try next. Used the 5.0's on my cars in Hong Kong before I came home and they were pretty good from memory.