tested out the new gopro today(maybe with actual video ?)

Maybe we should give our gopros to a car which will agree to stay behind (or In front) to get actual footage of our own cars?

I could help with something like that.  Might as well use a non-Porsche, although the only issue would be hearing the SLK engine note I suppose.

Your car sounds so much nicer as background noise :)

Edit:  Actually I just sold my Leica gear, so I might treat myself to a Go Pro anyways :)  Amanda is shopping online now!

Your car sounds so much nicer as background noise :)

Absolutely agree. There is no better background than the engine noise.

Only problem I have found is that I tend to forget that the Gopro is on and may turn on the music or chat with the passenger. 

Well, I'm hoping it won't be long and I'll have my own awesome background noise :P

Also, can probably overlay a different sound track anyway.. start off with the rumble of a 911 engine, video it taking off.. and then get my car moving,  and with the speedier stuff, overlay some music.  I've got plans!

Bought a GoPro black edition Hero 3 :D

I'm gonna play with it tonight going over the bolte bridge on my way to training!

I managed to find the suction mount, which wasn't easy in the CBD. If anyone is after one try Peter Stevens Motorcycles on Elizabeth Street.

Tried it out tonight. I mounted it on the wind blocker. Geez, the back of my head isn't a view I'm used too. It's weird seeing yourself drive. I also tried out time lapse. FUN!

Go the black. It has the best processor(can shoot fluid slo-mo), best sensors(low light shooting), and has highest resolution(best quality video).  The others are lower res with slower processors. Basically the silver is a hero2 in slim line 3 body and white is original hero in 3 body. I love the hero 2 but will get hero 3 black very soon as it opens up even more possibilities, and no one has ever complained about having better quality footage

Finally got mine. Has anybody asked the question- how good is the suction mount? Have any cameras dissappeared into the scrub whilst on a run?

Barry, just did the Canberra SMT and at one point I had the Gopro stuck on the outside rear window. No problem at all. Trust me.

I have footage filmed at 720p @25fps. and it is sensational. 

I do however think we forget the still quality of the Gopro. Here's one, not so flatering, photo of me and the co-driver!!!! It's the lens that makes my gut look like that.............True!!!!!!!!!!!

GOPR0299_zpsb9bdb32c.jpg

I love the timelapse feature on it.  I drove over the Bolte Bridge and thru the domain tunnel taking 1 photo every 0.5 second... now the shots are over exposed, as it was my first time using it AND driving into the sun didn't help that :o

I'm just waiting on a tripod mount, so I can play with that more.

For anyone that likes photography, these are a real nifty gadget :)

Got my GoPro WiFi combo pack today. This will let me control camera via remote and also Iphone/tablet.

I ordered it from here It was cheaper than buying from states or ebay as they included free shipping. They shipped priority express too. Anyway I couldn't get it to work at all but after DL the cinestudio software from GoPro, and doing the updates and it now all works a treat. I already had app on iPhone and got that working too. It will be real handy, as I can preview image on iPhone and see what camera will shoot, which will be great for setting it up on the car

Hey guys, not to spam the thread, but.... i am a gopro dealer through my tree climbing gear store (of all places huh!) called Treegear in Braeside.

Happy to look after P Forum members with gopros, and maybe you too caver with climbing gear! 

Yeah i'll definitely post up the footage here.

And glad to help with any accessories you need for your GoPro down the track.

I do have a few more items not on my website yet like the LCD screen and battery bacpac...must get them up!

Archived