tested out the new gopro today(maybe with actual video ?)

You can pick them up from JB Hi-Fi, most Kodak Camera Labs in the shopping malls have them, I've even seen them in Surf Dive and Ski...Also the professional stores likeDragon Image in Sydney and Melbourne have them, as well as Lemac and Videocraft. they're not too hard to find.

Thanks 'bro....your GoPro video, did you use the suction cup on the bodywork?  No problems?  Certainly doesn't seem to vibrate at all.  I want to capture some footage of my spoiler going up and down.  Perhaps on the way to Canberra this weekend?  From the sound of it, you had the ventilated camera back on.  Good stuff mate.

Yes I used the suction mount, and was really happy that it had no vibrations. I can hear case make some sounds, a couple of times in the video but not really an issue.. Go Pro suggest open back is good up to about 80 MPH (I think), so figured was fine with 60KPH max round here. No Probs at all. It sticks really well. I pushed on the mount as I did up the suction clip lever thingy, and that meant it stuck better than just doing up lever without applying any pressure to mount.

I am keen to try more positions on the car but I had the idea to try it there first, so you could see the hips of the car(which I love) and am happy with how video looks shot from there. I think there are so many options for mounting it that I'll be playing around with it a lot just trying stuff out. I love the idea of filming the spoiler in action

Thanks 'bro....your GoPro video, did you use the suction cup on the bodywork?  No problems?  Certainly doesn't seem to vibrate at all.  I want to capture some footage of my spoiler going up and down.  Perhaps on the way to Canberra this weekend?  From the sound of it, you had the ventilated camera back on.  Good stuff mate.

Caver, my first couple of attempts using the suction mount were disastrous.

Had it on the inside of the windscreen with the suspension set pretty harshly and the result was a video that was vibrating and jumping everywhere.

I have removed the suction and used one of the adhesive mounts behind the mirror and the re is only one hinge point and very short distance.

I have now softened the suspension quite a bit, but the images are now sensational.

Your car sounds great cyberpunky!  The clouds and the perspective look really interesting too.  I kept imagining you with the setup like this on a SMT with different Porsches all going past you/along side you.

I'd say you'll have loads of fun with that little hero

Great footage, I use a gopro for some weekend mountain bike footage (they are also very good at taking the impact of a crash :blink: )

I love the sound of your car, I haven't heard a 944 sound that grunty before, very nice..

... I kept imagining you with the setup like this on a SMT with different Porsches all going past you/along side you....

It will be great on an SMT although I am not sure about being overtaken :P 

I will do some playing around with cam locations so by next SMT I'll have an idea of best options. It would be good to do some set/organised drive by filming of all the cars in action. We could use my car as just a camera mount to get everyones cars driving in anger, by having camera on passenger side or front and me following.

I got mine through a work promotion so it is the hero 2 but I have had a look at the go pro website and I'm now about to order a bunch of stuff for it, while they are still available, including the remote. I love how you can but multiple remote backs and control all the cameras as one. I might end up with a few go pros

Archived