Wanted - 18's for 997 Track Use

Gavn

Hi folks

My 997 track car is currently on 19 inch rims and it's a pita getting R specs for them (currently 295/30R19 and 235/35R19).  So, I'd like to swap out for 18's to make life a whole lot easier.

Does anyone here have a set of 18's suitable for this that they'd like to move on?

Cheers,  Gav

30 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

I know not 18, but have you tried oem size 19” trofeo r?  Great rubber (on GT3 anyway) 

The problem I seem to have is availability (but have not tried 19" trofeo).  If I end up staying with 19's I'll give that a look.

Gavin, I have a set of 18's 8" and 10" from my GT3 which i bought but have never used.  They have A050's on them with reasonable tread, 1 flatspotted which probably needs a good warm up to sort out.  The wheels are lightweight one piece Speedlines, painted black (Ughhh!!).  Let me know if of interest and we'll PM and sort out a deal perhaps?

5 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Gavin, I have a set of 18's 8" and 10" from my GT3 which i bought but have never used.  They have A050's on them with reasonable tread, 1 flatspotted which probably needs a good warm up to sort out.  The wheels are lightweight one piece Speedlines, painted black (Ughhh!!).  Let me know if of interest and we'll PM and sort out a deal perhaps?

Please tell me more. 

1 minute ago, hugh said:

Please tell me more. 

Wait your turn Hugh 🙂 

The PO of my car used them as his everyday wheels (which is why my original wheels were is such good condition) with AO50s.  I ended up buying them from him when I was thinking about doing a heap more motorsport, and was going to have a set of track wheels, and put normal street tyres on the good wheels when my DZIIIs wore out for non track driving.  Well, the DZIIIs haven't worn out yet (after I fixed the rear toe-in adjusters), and they're plenty good for whatever track driving I want to do, so the other wheels are just sitting there.  

Just now, TwoHeadsTas said:

Wait your turn Hugh 🙂 

The PO of my car used them as his everyday wheels (which is why my original wheels were is such good condition) with AO50s.  I ended up buying them from him when I was thinking about doing a heap more motorsport, and was going to have a set of track wheels, and put normal street tyres on the good wheels when my DZIIIs wore out for non track driving.  Well, the DZIIIs haven't worn out yet (after I fixed the rear toe-in adjusters), and they're plenty good for whatever track driving I want to do, so the other wheels are just sitting there.  

That's a great story. How much for the wheels? :lol:

13 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Sounds good mate - happy to pm with pics.