Speedbug

1 hour ago, Joz said:

A couple of classics right there. Great way to get a kid hooked.

Btw I loved Jags too u til I owned one🤦‍♂️

Got to say i miss the Etype. 5 speed manual    Warm cams and side draft Webber’s . That thing was a beast.

6 minutes ago, Joz said:

I wanted both of them so much when I was younger.

I grew up in the early 60's in Germany. We were poor , no TV , our main game was to sit outside  on the rubbish bins and watch cars driving past. We would write down the most exciting cars we would see. A Merc or BMW would have been very rare , mostly Beetles , Opel , Ford , etc. One day this magical E type floated past us. Slow driving in a lower gear , letting the exhaust do its thing. I must have been 10 years old. That image was etched in my memory for ever , and I knew than and there , one day I would own one myself. Everybody was renting , the apartment blocks had communal gardens, and most dads would come home from work by tram and hang out with us whilst mums were making dinner. Puffing cigarettes and having a beer , ( served up by their wives) , the expert talks started and us kids were all ears. Porsches apparently were 'A Beetle, really": ! And Porsche drivers must be gangsters. And if there was still any doubt , who puts an engine in the back? Just stupid!  So it was all Jag through my younger years , until I started reading up on Porsche and got an understanding of the engineering marvels behind the marque and bit by bit got the Porsche virus.