Just an idea

Kerry and Mods.

The top two sections of the forum are getting pretty crowded.

Porsche Gallery and introductions and Ownership and Enthusiasm.

I know you have just done some great changes to the forum.

Maybe a bit of a split up of these two may be a good idea.

Easy to miss something.

Maybe we could split Porsche Gallery and Introductions as a start.

Worth a thought.  :)

or just tell me to go away.

Geez Coastr, thats called aesthetics!!! :D

- on the list to do next time I tie down my friendly boffin...

Vas, not sure why to split them? If you're concerned with missing something, surely you use the "View New Content" button so you don't, but as to splitting, I guess it feels counter intuitive since I've just spent a bunch of time condensing, not sure what the advantage is in making another line, obviously our big brother forums have up to tens of thousands of replies in one section... but I'm open to persuasion. ;)

Kerry

Hmmm, nice idea SteamWolf.

I'll look into how best to display it... leave it with me.

Kerry

... you'd have to nominate the track, the conditions?, the type of car, mods?, lap time... not sure how you'd administer it though, do you make it formal with track documentation sent to me, and I enter it in, or is it just a make a post, have a brag, and show your gopro clip?

Whatayathink?

Geez Coastr, thats called aesthetics!!! :D

- on the list to do next time I tie down my friendly boffin...

Vas, not sure why to split them? If you're concerned with missing something, surely you use the "View New Content" button so you don't, but as to splitting, I guess it feels counter intuitive since I've just spent a bunch of time condensing, not sure what the advantage is in making another line, obviously our big brother forums have up to tens of thousands of replies in one section... but I'm open to persuasion. ;)

Kerry

Just seems a shame to have some sections with not much and two with 4 or 5 new posts at a time.

You know it makes sense.  ;)

Kerry,

While we are finding more work for you, obviously you don't have enough to do already, is it possible to have a " recent posts" button similar to "view new content" button. Maybe show all posts made in the previous 24hours? (Feel free to nominate me as a knucklehead if this already exists).

Thanks for a great site update.

Kerry,

While we are finding more work for you, obviously you don't have enough to do already, is it possible to have a " recent posts" button similar to "view new content" button. Maybe show all posts made in the previous 24hours? (Feel free to nominate me as a knucklehead if this already exists).

Thanks for a great site update.

You can do that now.

Go to the new content section.

On the left is a section that you can change the time period of the posts shown.  :)

also, can we limit the ability to post in the for sale section to people with say 15 posts or more?

alot of users seem to register, post an advertisement and contribute nothing to the forum (and get a free plug for their for sale)

this is an example of what i mean - http://porscheforum.com.au/index.php?/topic/1904-porsche-924-cheap-good-condition/

also, can we limit the ability to post in the for sale section to people with say 15 posts or more?

alot of users seem to register, post an advertisement and contribute nothing to the forum (and get a free plug for their for sale)

this is an example of what i mean - http://porscheforum.com.au/index.php?/topic/1904-porsche-924-cheap-good-condition/

Noted and in consideration as to the best way to deal with it.

As a reaction to various other requests, I will be introducing the option of members becoming PFA financial members soon and have thought about the ability to advertise on the forum as one of their advantages. This will serve to cancel out the fly-by-nighters, and will sweeten the outlay for those who choose support the cause.

I'm just letting these current ads ride at the moment but will be dealing with it soon.

Thanks Russ for your feedback,

Kerry

what about a leaderboard section for those that have taken their cars to the track? Be great to know what to aim for lol

Thats a great idea SteamWolf.

Hmmm, nice idea SteamWolf.

I'll look into how best to display it... leave it with me.

Kerry

... you'd have to nominate the track, the conditions?, the type of car, mods?, lap time... not sure how you'd administer it though, do you make it formal with track documentation sent to me, and I enter it in, or is it just a make a post, have a brag, and show your gopro clip?

Whatayathink?

Hi Kerry,

Here is a good way to do it. The guys over on Performance forums use google spreadsheets. here is a link to the thread on PF.

http://performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?67268588-PF-com-Leader-Board

And here is the link to the google spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvzVpP4OZpyWdHhoeW9Eek5WU1lwVXQtYVlETWxRMFE&hl=en_GB#gid=1

Keep the spreadsheet so that only 1 or two people can edit it and we all put up our times, i suggest it be verifiable via Natsoft or recordable timing or even a Video.

Regards

Sean

Kerry, the Nissan Xtrail forum have a joining fee 3 classes if I remember , may be worth your while taking a look.

Cheers.

Hang on a sec !

Are you telling me that a whole forum is dedicated to the Nissan Xtrail ?

May I ask what they talk about ? :huh:

Someone must have been snooping around our forum. 

i wonder if the 3 classes of fees are X 

XX

XXX

:ph34r:

cheers

Thats a great idea SteamWolf.

Hi Kerry,

Here is a good way to do it. The guys over on Performance forums use google spreadsheets. here is a link to the thread on PF.

http://performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?67268588-PF-com-Leader-Board

And here is the link to the google spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvzVpP4OZpyWdHhoeW9Eek5WU1lwVXQtYVlETWxRMFE&hl=en_GB#gid=1

Keep the spreadsheet so that only 1 or two people can edit it and we all put up our times, i suggest it be verifiable via Natsoft or recordable timing or even a Video.

Regards

Sean

Cheers Sean,

It is obviously an extensive, and admin intensive exercise to verify and list all these results...  I like it, but don't know whether I could cope with the extra responsibility and workload... I am however very happy to look at a less formal, still verifiable (post results or video?), but moderator accessible system, more as a sharing platform rather than an official document.

I like the idea, I'll just take a chance to work out the formula/interface I want to use, along with a few other things that are planned for the near future...

;)

Kerry

Cheers Sean,

It is obviously an extensive, and admin intensive exercise to verify and list all these results...  I like it, but don't know whether I could cope with the extra responsibility and workload... I am however very happy to look at a less formal, still verifiable (post results or video?), but moderator accessible system, more as a sharing platform rather than an official document.

I like the idea, I'll just take a chance to work out the formula/interface I want to use, along with a few other things that are planned for the near future...

;)

Kerry

Yeah your right it would be quite extensive. If you need help collecting or sorting the info or even if you want me to run one of those Google spreadsheets just let me know. Only to happy to help out.

Archived