987 MY11 Apple CarPlay

Green7

You could just buy something like the Sony XAV-AX1000 Apple Carplay Head Unit until they do. It at least has a volume knob. As for wireless carplay - if you do get it, you will need to get an induction charger in the car, as using the iPhone for navigation sucks it dry very quickly.

I assume a 987 has optical amp though, so not sure how to get around that..

On 15/09/2022 at 20:57, AndrewM said:

You could just buy something like the Sony XAV-AX1000 Apple Carplay Head Unit until they do. It at least has a volume knob. As for wireless carplay - if you do get it, you will need to get an induction charger in the car, as using the iPhone for navigation sucks it dry very quickly.

I assume a 987 has optical amp though, so not sure how to get around that..

I’ve installed the XA1000 unit into my 996tand my sons WRX very recently. I wasn’t after a mega audiophile unit but something with all the  CarPlay features .

Basically it was a run out unit so price was good. All I wanted was Apple Car Play feature and reverse cameras. Oh and a dial volume control, push volume buttons are a PITA.

Anyhooo, the phone/ microphone feature has already failed within a month on mine. Research shows that it’s a common fault.🤦‍♂️