McLaren 720s thoughts/pricing

I reckon you need to get into a KZ 6 speed Kart yourself @ArthurK That beats ANY experience I've ever had that has an engine, as they are bonkers fast. Quite a bit cheaper than a McLaren and 488 too 😁 

I understand you get bored with cars, as I did the same with anything I've busted my arse to find any way to buy, then I'm bored with it within a week or 2. I'm bored with my air cooled I've owned for 6 or 7 years, which is the longest I've ever owned a vehicle bar my van, but I can't see the point selling that to buy another car I'll also get bored with (and her indoors won't let me sell it!) 

11 hours ago, sleazius said:

What part of a McLaren 720s is underwhelming other than the build quality? And who said anything about buying a new one when there are 25 on the market already depreciated?

Goes like stink, rides amazingly, and has hydraulic steering. Sounds like it has three things over a 992 GT3 for road use at least (track use no contest obviously).

Money isn’t burning a hole in my pocket but was thinking about rotating some cars to try a different experience. Emira is weeks away now so It would be nice to amalgamate some garage space.

Emira could be here in time for the Lotus day at Bathurst, best part of Lotus ownership!

14 hours ago, hugh said:

The Emira isn’t enough? The McKaren may go like ‘stink’ but that’s useless on the road and as you say, they are rubbish on track so really what’s the point? 

I’m honestly trying to do you a favour here, you can thank me later!

I saw it today - its so far beyond anything that Lotus has offered before. It may well make the itch subside for a while.

I've got quite a few cars, some of which I'm sure you (or the average P-guy) wouldn't own in a pink fit. From first hand experience I know why we all own Porsches - because they're the best. However that doesn't mean that I don't want to try different things.

Keep in mind too, I persisted with a relationship with the wrong dealer for far too long, hoping they'd make good. They haven't. So in effect the last 4+ years of being on wait lists has been for nothing. So now I can go back on wait lists with a different dealer for 2+ years for whatever the next thing is, and maybe buy second hand now. Second hand P-cars that i'd buy are ridiculously overpriced, so other brands it is.

Its not that I've got money laying around to burn, more that its going to be a 6-7 year minimum wait between drinks.