Bluetooth

SteveT

Hi All,

I have my recently purchased 987 arriving in a couple of weeks and as it will be my DD I will need to occassionally use the phone whilst driving. Any ideas or experience with bluetooth devices or such that may be useful or even those that are dismal failures so that I don't go buy one of the latter would be appreciated.

Hi All,

I have my recently purchased 987 arriving in a couple of weeks and as it will be my DD I will need to occassionally use the phone whilst driving. Any ideas or experience with bluetooth devices or such that may be useful or even those that are dismal failures so that I don't go buy one of the latter would be appreciated.

You could see what www.thecarkitcompany.com.au have to offer.

I have a blue ant s4 and it works better than any integrated Bluetooth that I have seen

Thanks Steve it looks like a good unit but the blueant seems to be an android kit and I have IOS, also as a Boxster owner I was thinking more of a hard wired thing rather than a clip on the visor

Yeh you want it done properly and to work properly.  One good thing with SLK was I could hold a convo at 100km with the roof down on the BT.. perfectly.  I use  it for work and must have BT in all my cars.

Also check out the US Car Forums, larger audiences might have some good options for you. 

http://www.planet-9.com/987-cayman-boxster-chat/

^^^^^ thats what I did. I love it, got nav, Btooth, iphone music, plays DVDs, CDs, radio, and will mute music when I get a call and it even tells me if(when) I exceed the speed limit and where the red light cameras are

Edit

Even got mine to look factory by changing the start up screen ;)

196862_1920194406116_5970561_n.jpg

can't you get a porsche genuine head unit from ebay that has bluetooth if you want something stock looking?

otherwise, i love my Blaupunkt Toronto BT420 (thanks the recommendation Wasser) but i dunno how it'd go in a newer car

• 11 months later...

Archived