1993 911 Turbo 3.6 on carsales

Hey all, Just doing a bit of late night carsales browsing (as you do) and saw this 93 Turbo......

132083023.jpg

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/porsche-911-1993-13711366

Now while I know the Turbo 3.6 is quite rare, does anyone know how many were Australian delivered? I can't find any numbers online. Unless this is one of 13 Standard nose Turbo 3.6S ever made (If it is, this is a BARGAIN!) the wheels, steering wheel, front and rear air intakes are not original, would this change anyone's opinion about the asking price? It's certainly out of my price range but if I could afford it I would be tempted. Although on the other hand would it give me double the driving experience of my 3.3, which was less than half of the price? Or would I not want to drive it for fear of depreciating its value? Hmmm that's a conundrum for a richer version of me I guess. Also its sad face bugs me every time I look at it.

That car has the rear air intake as the 3.6 S had.

It has been messed with a bit, but nothing that can't be fixed.

At $150k its at about the right price.

If it was stock around $170-$180 would be right.

Now, if you did buy that car at $150 and wanted to restore it back to factory, it would cost around $200k.

Its a car for the shed, for those with a collection and plenty of cash.

If you want to update what you have with a car you can use, get a 993TT or a 996TT.

Both these cars are better in every way.  :)

I think it is more the mods putting people off.

Only a collector is going to buy that car.

I think most collectors would rather a nice stock one at $170k, than a mod job that will cost $200k min to restore.

But, I would love that car.

It would be as fast as my car with air con and a five speed.

I had no idea it had been for sale for so long. Its a tricky one though, looks like a great car but for that price I would want it to be untouched. But then I would miss out on all the fun I'm about to have tinkering with my 3.3 :)

Archived