Where to for Mark Webber?

JustJames

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Porsche denies Webber deal.......

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorsport/porsche-denies-mark-webber-deal-20130415-2hvns.html

Its a shame all this hoopla about webber has over shadowed the fact Ricciardo qualified 7th and finished the race in 7th, that should be in the news too.

It was an excellent result for Ricciardo, just the sort of thing he needs to keep doing as the season goes on.  I think he has shown he has the goods on Vergne, but he needs to step it up a bit on the tracks that seem to favor the Torro Rosso.  He needs to snag a podium somewhere to really seal the deal on his career.  If Webber is looking like leaving, a stellar performance could help Daniel score Webbers vacant seat.

It was an excellent result for Ricciardo, just the sort of thing he needs to keep doing as the season goes on.  I think he has shown he has the goods on Vergne, but he needs to step it up a bit on the tracks that seem to favor the Torro Rosso.  He needs to snag a podium somewhere to really seal the deal on his career.  If Webber is looking like leaving, a stellar performance could help Daniel score Webbers vacant seat.

I think a podium is asking a lot. Toro Rosso have only ever had one podium with Vettel driving at the 2008 Italian GP. If he can consistantly keep it in the top 10 I think he will have a good chance at getting Mark's seat when he leaves RBR.

+1 I think there are very few tracks that will allow the TR to hold it's own and china is one of the few. If he can get in the points regulary, he is really hitting above his weight and should get recognition for that. A podium would be fantastic but I don't think that his equipment is capable, even if he is.

• 11 months later...

Archived