Where to for Mark Webber?

JustJames

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually it was clear that Mark was faster than the Vettel. Vettel complained Mark was too slow on the radio(in second stint I think), when Mark was clearly in conservation mode and so Mark put foot down for a few laps and left him for dead, and as we ll all know, he foolishly passed Mark at the end even though he was told not to and to keep the car safe till the end. Multi 21 is red bull code for maintain current positions, and boith drivers were told to turn down motors. This is done as motors now are limited in numbers for the season, and so need to be conserved, but Vettel ignored this team directive, turned his up and overtook Mark. I just hope it comes back to bite him later in the season when he blows his last motor and puts himself out of the championship.

I saw one fan relate it to being like a rugby player going for a try with a clear field and his own team mate crash tackles him and gets the ball to score a try for himself. sounds about right

just my $0.02 worth :)

Vettel was in the wrong no if's no but's. WRONG full stop . Don't even know why there is debate. It has always been that way.If the team boss gives the order team drivers obey . Just the same as the bloke that makes the coffee. F1 is not some club meeting where the driver can make his own decisions. F1 teams are huge organisations,hundreds of people in some cases.The cars are a long way from home and take a lot of time and effort let alone money to get them there.They can't let some individual make his own decisions. Now if the team rules are altered that is different story. I can't imagine any team boss giving drivers that option though, risking cars and points. Ideally l would like Vettel & Alonso going for the championship in the last race of the season when Mark bumps him off the track on the last lap. But that is being vindictive.

Whole heartedly agree Dave. Teams have millions invested and receive millions in sponsorship and from the FIA for winning the constructors championship, as well as perks like best pit garage etc. You combine that with 5 engines(I think) for the season, and teams have good reason to tell drivers exactly what to do, as they won't take risks on their investment. Not only did Vettel risk putting unnecessary wear on the engine by not dialing it down but he put both himself and mark at risk of scoring no points for the team. We tend to think that it is all about the drivers championship but it is also about sponsors getting air time and value for their investment, and the team winning the constructors championship and ideally the drivers finishing each race in positions 1 and 2, regardless of the order. That is what teams dream of. Drivers taking themselves out of the points, battling their team mate, especially when the race is basically over, is their worst nightmare

• 2 weeks later...

Either he is the unluckiest man in F1 right now or there is a RB conspiracy to crush him. I think yesterday just ruined any chance he had for making a play at the championship.

Was a bad day, but losing the championship from one bad race? No. Each of the front runners will have a zero-points finish this season, whether due to crash,failure or f-ckup

Was a bad day, but losing the championship from one bad race? No. Each of the front runners will have a zero-points finish this season, whether due to crash,failure or f-ckup

Not only was he a DNF but he also now has a grid place penalty for Bahrain. It just seems likes its all snowballing for him. How do you compete for the championship in a team you have little trust in? I'm happy to see he has signed with Porsche. Win win if you ask me.

Not only was he a DNF but he also now has a grid place penalty for Bahrain. It just seems likes its all snowballing for him. How do you compete for the championship in a team you have little trust in? I'm happy to see he has signed with Porsche. Win win if you ask me.

The grid penalty was his own fault for driving into the side of Vergne.

The porsche thing isn't official, just a strong rumor.  

I would wait until an official press release before mentally moving him.

There is a good chance he might be out of RBR after this year, which would be good news for Ricciardo if he can have a strong season.

But there are a lot of other seats in F1, and plenty of teams would like his knowledge on the Red Bull.

Wait and see.

Archived