Best product for G series black plastic trim?

SM911

Has anyone got any first hand experience on the best products to use on the G series cars to keep the black plastic (eg. front smile, side mirror surround, impact bumpers) looking top notch?

The front smile trim on my car is only 3 years old, but is starting to grey a little already, which is frustrating!

Scotty

What happens when you scrub it with a moist cloth? Stuff comes off on the cloth? Oxidation? I've tried all sorts of things including blackening dyes , but nothing beats just a good scrub (until the cloth is clean)  and some vinyl trim spray (not Aromaoil)

The aftermarket plastic pieces are lesser quality than the originals I suspect.

I was told about this stuff

http://www.mothers.com/02_products/06524.html

only tried it once but seem's to work well.

The other tip I was given by an upholsterer was baby oil, keeps everything made of

vinyl and leather soft and well proteced, even outside trim.

While I'm not brave enough to try this myself, black leather shoe polish on smile/rear spoiler apparently.

I was told about this stuff

http://www.mothers.com/02_products/06524.html

only tried it once but seem's to work well.

The other tip I was given by an upholsterer was baby oil, keeps everything made of

vinyl and leather soft and well proteced, even outside trim.

While I'm not brave enough to try this myself, black leather shoe polish on smile/rear spoiler apparently.

Baby oil attracts dust like nobodies business.

IMO the modern products work better.

I use a Meguiars trim detailer on the outside black plastic pieces.  It's OK but doesn't last long before it starts to go grey.  Looks mickey mouse when you've just done it though, and does dry off OK so it's not greasy to the touch.

Makes you want a car with just paint + chrome, though.  Black plastic trim is the bane of the 80s/90s car owner.

Archived