Does it matter if it’s in NZ?!

Kerry

Calling any NZer’s, or anyone going to the South Island…

There are HEAPS of awesome roads, however I just drove the Springs Junction to Reefton road in a hot hatch with my 82yo mother (she taught me to drive, pretty fast) and that road is AWESOME!

Great surface; fantastic banked sweepers; tall, solid trees lining the verges just to keep you honest… these roads are just so good, and there are so many…

If you are coming here, get a decent car, at least for a day, and get into the mountains/Southern Alps somewhere, you won’t be disappointed.

31D188DD-ED07-43C3-829F-68F329191411.thumb.jpeg.c5bbbc3b9aadde652ad7c5dfe78668f0.jpeg

C14E885D-2727-4944-ACF8-E3ABDB25824E.thumb.jpeg.9d2cb794a41fbca1bb97719cfc1187bd.jpeg

And because of the weather (I’m looking at extremely dark rain clouds and the promise of 60-80mm tomorrow!), the condition of the roads is fabulous (when they haven’t slipped into a river). I know we have the GOR, and the views are great…. but seriously 😐 NZ roads rock.

Nice tip @Kerry we are planning to go to the northern parts of South Island on some future trips, would love to do the ferry from Picton to Wellington one day too. 

I can also vouch for the drive to Central Otago, that is pretty damn epic once you cut in at Geraldine and traverse Lake Tekapo, Twizel, Omarama to Cromwell (to which resides the Highlands motorsport park ;) ) didn't have enough time to hit Queenstown last trip, next time! 

Agree NZ is epic for driving ... one day, we will do it in a Porsche