The 911SC as a sales tool

I can see the easy pairing of engineering excellence in the car driven ( sc) and your profession. I imagine your client group could get it too....Whilst I agree generally with the idea that new car BM Audi porsche etc can get swiftly tagged w@nker and you might or not be deserved of such a naming, my own personal experiences of driving older patinad cars whether Porsche Alfa or a mini has always been positive and has on occasion added a bit more to a professional relationship sometimes not...

Either way totally get the joy of driving the car

SteamWolf, a mate of mine owns and runs an engineering company and he admits he isn't a salesman either. He has had to do a couple of things recently though. Firstly he had to learn to sell and secondly he hired a sales manager. He still finds that he needs to use the first new skill even after hiring the sales guy. And ice breaker it is, you are the one that gets his foot in the door and then has to push and wriggle and fight his way in through the little crack that his foot opened up ;)

If i rolled up to do a quote at someones home in my 912 (when it's finished) I'm sure they would think just because I drive a Porsche that I'm ripping them off. 

Thats until I tell them that it was a lot cheaper than their Toyota Kluger!

It depends on your occupation I reckon. if youre a builder, take the ute or van with dents but its clean. If youre in business where you deal with corporate CEO's etc, they would probably appreciate seeing an exotic

Best of luck with the new venture

I drive my 993 to a yoga studio where I teach and it certainly gets a strong reaction. One guy made a comment about global warming and how I was contributing more than him. Told him that his hot air was probably creating more sntway

Last year I sold my IT business and picked up the buyers from the airport in my wife's Benz. It even had a car seat but made them feel instantly comfortable with the purchase of the company.

Horses for courses alright.  

On occasion when I've driven the 911 to visit a client, it's been a good ice breaker from those who appreciate a well engineered classic.

And despite it being lesser value than a new Commodore, I found the quotes went up on anything I wanted done at my house if the 911 was in the drive.  Neighbours got similar results with a new euro car compared to a 2 year old Jap. sedan.

Archived