Porsche Macan 95B final (ICE) build

VGTS20

Porsche dealer confirmed yesterday the Porsche Macan 95B will be the final ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) vehicle accross all Macan variants ie Base, T, S and GTS. 

Final orders for Australia deliveries to be taken by March 2024 with final worldwide vehicles (ICE) to be manufactured in the Stuttgart plant by August 2024.

Following this the NEW Macan will be launched and ALL Macan models will be EV ie Base, T, S, GTS.

NO model will have an (ICE) option, this is also expected to be the case for Boxster, Cayman and Cayenne models moving forward. 

Also highlighted was that Macan EV will result in a further cost increase for Porsche consumers over the current (ICE) priced vehicles.. it is anticipated this will effect overall sales moving forward in Australia for Porsche as there is an expectation that a high number of entry level model customers are likely to be lost with Base models starting at $130k +

will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Unfortunately Porsche AG knows we're a bunch of mugs here who will pay the highest prices in the world, so they can charge whatever they like. Not helped by them owning Porsche Cars Australia.

Any politician that runs on a platform of changing Parallel Import laws gets my vote.

In regards to EVs, well we know that is inevitable. Unless you're worth billions you'll drive what we tell you to drive lest you want to go back to walking.

• 2 months later...

My dealer said that Porsche expect sales to drop initially due to an only electric version. I doubt it very much. Maybe there is some pushback in some parts of the world to electric vehicles... Here in Australia? I think they will sell like hotcakes. As for prices, that won't stop most buyers. In my view the average Aussie is doing very, very well. Bragging rights for the fastest ever Macan that won't need fuel ever will get the customers frothing. I'm calling it - record sales for the new EV Macan.

The electric Boxster is what I'm most keen to see. Curious to see if they can capture the feel of a true sports car. I have driven a new Taycan and was unimpressed. I couldn't call it a, "sports car". The so called quick acceleration that some punters seem to think only matters is a minor part of the sports car experience and was fun once for about 5 seconds. It must be full blown city types that must think fast acceleration is the be all, end all, for a car.

3 hours ago, Sabotage said:

The electric Boxster is what I'm most keen to see. Curious to see if they can capture the feel of a true sports car. 

Very interested to see this too. If anyone can, Porsche can, but I’m skeptical until we get solid state or some other battery tech that’s a lot lighter … 

23 hours ago, JWM said:

Very interested to see this too. If anyone can, Porsche can, but I’m skeptical until we get solid state or some other battery tech that’s a lot lighter … 

Yes, I seem to think maybe the first gen electric Boxster might not be that fantastic, but as EV technology improves, they'll get the formula right. We're only at Model T era of EV's at the moment.

@LeeM Turbo EV's! Hahahaha!