Tough aircooled question with fuel filler

davidtran

Hi guys, 

I bought a new fuel filler flap from forum member here a few weeks ago. Thanks for that @911

I'm trying to installs it, but not sure which orientations is correct. I've googled it and every car is different. 

I've attached a photos, but not sure what is correct? Can anyone check their car? Mine is G50 Model 911.

The 2 photos, which is right? 

Thankyou 

Porsche-911-CARRERA-3.2-CABRIOLET-35.webp

images (6).jpeg

8 hours ago, Philbee said:

Mine is same as the bottom pic… little flap to the right, big flap below 😃

Mine are the opposite. Both my cars have the larger flap (with the hole in it) opening downward and the other flap on the left. So when the flap closes it closes toward the windscreen. I'm honestly not sure, which is the correct way.

Both cars had the original ratty piece when i changed them over and both where the same, so I guess that is right.

3 hours ago, 911 said:

Mine are the opposite. Both my cars have the larger flap (with the hole in it) opening downward and the other flap on the left. So when the flap closes it closes toward the windscreen. I'm honestly not sure, which is the correct way.

Both cars had the original ratty piece when i changed them over and both where the same, so I guess that is right.

Oh hang on…, you’re right… my little flap closes towards the windscreen.

🤪

2 minutes ago, Philbee said:

Oh hang on…, you’re right… my little flap closes towards the windscreen.

🤪

Ye, it's weird. Kind of pointless having that small flap if it's on that side, but that's how it is I guess. Would have thought flap opens opposite way to protect fender. 

So basically top photo is correct. Bottom photo wrong.