Buyers Guide 997II

Hi all, was hoping to get some advice and couldn't think of a better place to start than this forum. I'm completely new to the world of Porsche, I'm really infatuated by the 911 of late. I'm interested in the 997II, is there anything to look out for on these models? And can anybody recommend a reputable shop on the north shore in Sydney for inspections/maintenance etc? Any guidance would be much appreciated. 

On 15/01/2024 at 19:58, icu_jimmy said:

+1 for Autohaus Hamilton

997.2 is a high demand car - not a lot made so you’ll need time to find a good one.

Totally agree , very few come onto the market and for that sort of coin (140/150) don’t rule out a 991. A few members have commented that the PDK is a lot better in the 991 than 997.2

good luck 

25 minutes ago, kov said:

Totally agree , very few come onto the market and for that sort of coin (140/150) don’t rule out a 991. A few members have commented that the PDK is a lot better in the 991 than 997.2

good luck 

Agree, just as PDK gen 1 was a big step on from Tiptronic, PDK gen 2 is a big refinement on gen 1

10 hours ago, kov said:

good luck 

Thanks for that consideration, I’ll definitely explore that option!