PRICE CUT

J.J.

It would seem that most buying new Porsches were getting significant discounts anyway.

Welcome news though.

Still Alarming that in the USA a Brand new Carrera S is 100k, and we are still $260k and our Dollar is worth more than the US!

Protecting our local market. I am sure there are lots of people who are in the market for a HSV/FPV and then decide to go 911 instead :rolleyes:

Yeh I just saw that too.  I was just pricing up a new base Boxster but that part of the site is down for maintenance!

"Each car has had its price drop by between 5.1 and 12.9 per cent, which translates to discounts of between $5500 (for the entry-level Boxster) and $36,300 (for the 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet). "

Meh - not enough of a discount to change much is it really?  

No, but it shows that they are hurting.  You never drop your prices if you're moving enough stock.  People can use the internet, and I'd say the sales people are sick of getting walk-outs when people discover the price difference.

I would expect more of this to come.  It's not like they are shy about putting the prices up when the exchange rate goes the wrong way.

Archived