458 and future values?

I know we are in a Porsche forum but I wondered what does the market look like for these Fezzas. I somehow prefer the drive of this compared to a turbo but I like the updated interior of the 488s!

Also if anyone knew of any 458s for sale (not on the market?) please pm me!

I was half looking/dreaming of a 488. My logic was that it was a much better car than the 458. Then one day, I was walking down to the shops and saw a 488 pull out and take off hard. It sounded rubbish in my opinion. So due to the sound and the fact the 458 is NA, I can see the 458 holding their values better than the 488. My pick would be one of the V12s though.

4 hours ago, The Bern Dog Experience said:

I came very close to buying a 458 Italia earlier this year that was a deceased estate. However, after seeing how much it costs to maintain (small country's GDP) and they are a money pit, I stuck to Porsche. 

Do you know how much that car was asking?

Yes services are 2k a year!

14 hours ago, The Bern Dog Experience said:

It needed a fair bit of work as it was in storage for 5 years. Was a 2010, traditional Rosso Corsa on Tan with 23,000km. Vendor wanted $350k, but needed $40k of work including $10k for the sticky buttons. 

That does seem like good value though with the low kms. Hard to find other cars at the moment. I wonder what speciales are going to ask?

23 hours ago, The Bern Dog Experience said:

It needed a fair bit of work as it was in storage for 5 years. Was a 2010, traditional Rosso Corsa on Tan with 23,000km. Vendor wanted $350k, but needed $40k of work including $10k for the sticky buttons. 

$10k to fix the sticky buttons. I need to get into the sticky button business, because that is highway robbery...

You can also strip the sticky buttons yourself, but the 10k i assume is to resurface them with that rubber crap that will just go sticky again in 10 years time.

IMO the 458 will hold value because it was the last NA. I've always wanted one but then something else pops up and the moment passes. Maybe one day.

I've been looking at doing the F430 manual conversion of late - it is *relatively* (this is Ferrari, so no, not cheap) cheap to do, and the F1 boxed cars are plentiful and less than half the price of a manual.

You can do it yourself if you're keen, its not super difficult as the auto transmission is exactly the same as the manual. All of those automated single clutch manuals that were made during that period can be converted to manual provided someone has 3d printed or machined the parts to make it look factory.