Carnewal GT Cayman Exhaust

Mike D'Silva

I just ordered one.....

http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx_p87007.htm

Anyone else on this forum have any experience with them?

I'm looking for something that is louder than stock, but not terribly loud. 

The price seems right and I'll be keeping my stock system just in case.

Will upload some vids and photos when it's fitted.

Remember that you have to send him your old exhaust or pay extra $$.

He mods the original exhaust by removing the cat and baffling in the muffler I believe.

There are actually How-tos on the planet 9 forum which shows you how to do the same. i.e. get a local exhaust company to do the mods for you.

I haven't been able to hear any Cayman S with JUST the GT exhaust..

On youtube, I found the Cayman R before and after...

There is also a Boxster but it also has the headers modded to have just the 200CEL cats which make it sound louder...

There appears to be lots of comments about it being MORE than stock, but not too loud and no drone.. although some say there is drone.. I figured, the only way is to buy one myself, get it fitted, and post the video up myself.

Don't think I will worry about dyno figures though... If i get 10hp more, fantastic.. would I notice 10hp? probably not... I'd probably get as much performance gain by eating a bowl of sultana bran and spending an hour in the bathroom to lose a few kilos.

sorry for that

• 2 weeks later...

well, the exhaust has arrived..... 

Local dealer wanted $550 to fit it...

So I figured I would have a crack at it myself this weekend.....

Hopefully I won't break anything.

That's a real shame you are in Brisbane mate because if you were in Melbourne it would only cost you a tray of sausage rolls!!!!!!!!!!!!

This should help a little Mike. Remember to be very liberal with the WD40 on all the fasteners.

ttp://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Boxster_Tech/46-EXHAUST-Muffler/46-EXHAUST-Muffler.htm

Sounds good Mike. Did you install it yourself?

yes I did in the end.

The hardest part was getting to the 3 nuts on the exhaust flange.. in a slightly awkward location but using 3 different types of sockets and spanners had them off. They probably needed to be replaced.. 

The tip about wd40 was a good one. 

I think anyone that can change their own oil, can do this.

On another note, Gert (Carnewal) tells me that I have to do 60 miles or so for the final sound... I was worried it would get quieter but he said it will become louder! So I will do another video at that point... 

well, the exhaust has arrived..... 

Local dealer wanted $550 to fit it...

So I figured I would have a crack at it myself this weekend.....

Hopefully I won't break anything.

highway robbery!

Porsche Hamilton charged me two hours work to fix mine. 

If you work for a dealership, don't you have contacts in the industry that can help you out?

How much did you say it cost all up? Sounds great, the Boxster might be next.....

Steve

total of 895 euro, so under 1200 aud.

However, if you send your stock catback system to him, he will refund you 400 euro... ie, the cost is really only 495 euro.

I opted not to send mine back purely because I like to have all the stock parts for any car or bike I own. Plus I am sure the freight cost would have eaten into part of the refund.

I'm happy for anyone nearby to come and have a listen... it really is so much better in reality.

Archived