PPI in Queensland?

Hello, 

I have done some google searching and come back with a couple of options BUT as always I like a first hand recommendation over any kind of advertising. 

The car is located near Brisbane (I am from Sydney), I have personally viewed the car, in regular contact with the owner/s and I am readying my self to take the next step. I would like a very thorough PPI performed as it's going to be my first P car.

So far my search results have pointed me to T&D and weltmeister. 

Thanks in advance 

Kurt

T&D are great, close to the city (5 k's out) on the north side of the great dividing river, I have no experience anywhere else to give a recommendation or otherwise.

Depending on where the car is,

T&D Northside (city)

Flat Six Southside ((Logan) 0419 990 993)

Weltmeister

Also dont discount Porsche centre Brisbane

Good luck with it, hope it works out for you.

cheers

TD automotive is my recommendation, if its an older car especially as I don't think Porsche centre Brisbane looks at older stuff that often

In the last month I had 3 PPI's carried out by three different places (NSW, VIC and QLD). I used TD Automotive on the recommendation of my local P Mechanic and the forum members. I found them very professional and I was happy with the amount of detail in their report. They did however charged $110 more than the other two places I used and don't provide a leak test or compression test as part of the PPI. If they suspect there might be a problem they will call you and recommend it be carried out but at additional expense, where one of the other places I used this was included in their normal PPI.

If you would like to see an example of their report shot me a PM with your email address and I will flick the PPI I got done through to you.

All three places after completing the report emailed it through and told me to call the mechanic once I had read the report with any questions or so he can go through it with me. This phone call is where you really get the feel for 'is this car for you'.

One thing lacking from all three places I used were pictures. I expected general pictures of the car and specific pictures of problem areas, rust, damage etc like I had received from previous PPI's on non Porsche's but maybe that's just me.

All the best in your search,

Cheers

Ben

Thanks for all the responses guys! I did have Porsche centre returned in my search results.. just wasn't sure if anyone actually uses that service! I will make a few phone calls to the recommended shops and see whom I feel most comfortable dealing with. 

i would call don munroe. T&D are okay but just not the same without him

Sam! there you are!

isn't that insider trading if I take the sellers advice?  :lol:

But in all seriousness, if you do not mind putting me in touch with him I would like to talk to him also! I will probably organise this next week when the madness stops and obviously within a timeframe that suits you guys. 

Kurt

Thanks for all the responses guys! I did have Porsche centre returned in my search results.. just wasn't sure if anyone actually uses that service! I will make a few phone calls to the recommended shops and see whom I feel most comfortable dealing with. 

Sam! there you are!

isn't that insider trading if I take the sellers advice?  :lol:

But in all seriousness, if you do not mind putting me in touch with him I would like to talk to him also! I will probably organise this next week when the madness stops and obviously within a timeframe that suits you guys. 

Kurt

haha!

he just serviced it so he better have nice things to say about it LOL

will shoot you a pm, bought both the SC and the 965 on his recommendation ^_^

FWIW, I used the Porsche Centre on the Gold Coast for a PPI when purchasing my 964 two years ago.

Communication was great.

Inspection was surprisingly thorough for a dealer, compression test included but no leakdown. They even had their visiting detailer have a look at the duco for me!

They neglected to mention that the distributor vent modification had not been undertaken, which I'm sure was a recall item.

haha!

he just serviced it so he better have nice things to say about it LOL

will shoot you a pm, bought both the SC and the 965 on his recommendation ^_^

I had a nice talk with Don yesterday Sam, seems like an honest and knowledgable guy. 

For $450.00 His inspection (comes as a written report obviously) includes: 

Full body/paint inspection (he measures paint thickness too) 

Interior condition report

Full mechanical (thickness of brakes, will report LSD resistance, clutch, tyres etc)

Engine compression test 

Basically the whole box n dice, it is less without a comp test he said.. but I will gladly pay for that. 

Oh and he said you guys had been bush bashing it on Fraser island is that right?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  (just trolling)

FWIW, I used the Porsche Centre on the Gold Coast for a PPI when purchasing my 964 two years ago.

Communication was great.

Inspection was surprisingly thorough for a dealer, compression test included but no leakdown. They even had their visiting detailer have a look at the duco for me!

They neglected to mention that the distributor vent modification had not been undertaken, which I'm sure was a recall item.

Thanks for the heads up I will contact PCGC also! 

Cheers!  :)

I had a nice talk with Don yesterday Sam, seems like an honest and knowledgable guy. 

For $450.00 His inspection (comes as a written report obviously) includes: 

Full body/paint inspection (he measures paint thickness too) 

Interior condition report

Full mechanical (thickness of brakes, will report LSD resistance, clutch, tyres etc)

Engine compression test 

Basically the whole box n dice, it is less without a comp test he said.. but I will gladly pay for that. 

Oh and he said you guys had been bush bashing it on Fraser island is that right?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  (just trolling)

Thanks for the heads up I will contact PCGC also! 

Cheers!  :)

shi-

he's just mad he wasn't invited <_<

shi-

he's just mad he wasn't invited <_<

haha

I have also spoken with: 

Porsche Centre Gold Coast

T&D 

PCGC is $550 and includes all checks, compression test and they require it for 7 hours ~ they quote on required works if any

T&D charge $400 for their service and do not include a compression test, if you wish to have one they will charge you for the time spent.

• 2 weeks later...

Good thread here.

Anyone have any ideas about obtaining a PPI in Central Queensland / Rockhampton area? I'm looking at a '73 911 with modifications and a 3.0 liter engine. I'll need to find someone smart, keen with a spanner and honest. I know ... I am asking so much from regional QLD.

Thoughts?

Good thread here.

Anyone have any ideas about obtaining a PPI in Central Queensland / Rockhampton area? I'm looking at a '73 911 with modifications and a 3.0 liter engine. I'll need to find someone smart, keen with a spanner and honest. I know ... I am asking so much from regional QLD.

Thoughts?

if it's the car with 964 bumpers, will be good to see someone rescue it :D

it has rust on the parcel shelf, make sure whatever shop you get to do it goes over the panels and sills veeery carefully!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update this;

I ended up using Don Munro, the car is with him now (thanks Sam) so we'll see how it goes.. second to him I'd of used PCGC.

To me, Don just seemed like a guy on my wavelength. 

I should have the report today/tomorrow.

Archived