Jack and stands recommendation

Hey all, after checking my oil and noticing it was low and discovering that porsche had put 0w50 in my 964 I'm going to roll up the sleeves and change the oil myself. I currently don't have a jack that will fit under the 964 (bit more clearance under my jeep) or a set of stands. Does anyone have any recommendations?

As tempting as the truck method looks i think ramps sounds like the best way to go :) thanks for the video link John . Steve i can only dream, One day i will have one to assist in my oil changes :)

Nathan

irrespective of your approach, jack stands are a handy bit of kit so go and get at least 2, 4 even better. Though you can improvise with lage blocks of wood preferably fixed together if made of multiple pieces.

I have friends using aldi sourced through to 'high end' stuff - all of them use the redundancy of placing the wheels under the car to minimise the risk of the car squashing their head.

Also go get a trolley jack - high lift is always good - whilst you can buy the $25.00 autobarn model splash out a little here. You can always find professional used trolley jacks on grays online or other sites.

cheers Michel

Highly recommend getting a good jack, I've had 2 fail while placing jack stands under the car and I've been lucky the car has rolled off me. As for jack stands I use the sca type from super cheap but I also place wooden blocks under the car and wheels.

Archived