Service that deserves a mention

sydr

This weekend, while competing at the race track formerly known as Eastern Creek, there was a sudden explosive roar from the back of my car, much popping and banging and a dramatic fall off in power.

I was able to limp back to the pits and went to the AutoHaus Hamilton guys and said, - "something's broken, please would you look at it for me?"

In no time, the car was up in the air

8756288585_4f97b80b20_z.jpg

I'd broken a header right thru, and within 5 minutes it was off the car.  "Take it to the shed" said Grant and off the boys went, returning after half an hour with a neatly tig welded whole zorst.

It went in quick smart

8756288291_72cd4afae8_z.jpg

and in no time I was mobile again, and back out on track.

Legendary stuff, thank you guys

Very impressive service.

Do you have any assocation at all with AHH?

Lots of association with them - they've serviced my car for around 25 years.  That says something doesn't it?

And

Just James, who runs their spare parts division, is my son.

I have no personal commercial interest in the business or links to them other than a long, good association with them, through them servicing my 911 for so many years.   

Grant was weary of seeing Porsche spares being charged at wounded bull prices, and an associated attitude from some suppliers who thought that were doing you a favour if they supplied you with parts for your Porsche. You too may have had an experience like this.

My personal friendship with Grant was good enough for me to suggest to Just James that he work with them and about 18 months ago, Grant and James started their spare parts division.

Their idea is to be able to supply genuine or OEM spares at reasonable prices to their customers, and to do it with a smile.  They like the fact that people come to them because it is a pleasant experience.

Despite my long association with the company, the excellent service that I got on the weekend was no better than they gave others. 

For example, a 911 RS recreation developed a brake issue early in the day; Grant got on the phone to Just James (whose name is just . . . .  James) and within an hour and a half there was a new set of discs at the track, brought out from Brookvale would you believe, and fitted to that car and it was out on track again.  James, who had been having breakfast with his family, went to the factory, opened up, got the necessary discs and parts and brought them out to the track.  The AutoHaus team had the car ready, fitted the new parts, tested and had the car on the way.

And James, the cheeky bugger, did not even come and say hello to his dad.

Still, I'm happy to give credit where credit is due.

Disclosure:  On Sunday, Grant gave me an AutoHaus Hamilton Tee shirt to wear at Rennsport.

Thanks for being open with your disclosure sydr.

I think it would be crazy for any company to not service their existing customers 'above and beyond' in this current highly competitive world. It costs less for a company to maintain an existing customer than it does for a company to acquire a new customer.

And James, the cheeky bugger, did not even come and say hello to his dad.

He probably wanted to get back to his breakfast. :)

Thanks for being open with your disclosure sydr.

I think it would be crazy for any company to not service their existing customers 'above and beyond' in this current highly competitive world. It costs less for a company to maintain an existing customer than it does for a company to acquire a new customer.

He probably wanted to get back to his breakfast. :)

Brekkie was long cold.

...but Mrs JustJames remains hot.   B)

Archived