Steve and Dave have offered the tour of the Alps we never knew we had! - strangely Mother's Day date didn't prove all that popular! :blink::lol:

As per originally proposed:

"The plan is to run from Mt.Dandenong pub to Neerim via some interesting roads.

Photocopies of run will be available from starting point. Will not be issued over Forum site.

Suggest a 7:30am start."

Takers?

Dave

Steve

Me

Andy S

Doug

Trav

rps911

CP993 (Chris)

9fan (Mark)

Jon

rps911

Evening lads,

I am a near certain starter. My dad and his trusty Boxter wont be there as the poor fellow will be on a cruise ship in the Mediterranean. We will still be Autumn but I think I will be pushing it for a topless drive!!

Regards,

Andy S

Steve and Dave have offered the tour of the Alps we never knew we had! - strangely Mother's Day date didn't prove all that popular! :blink::lol:

As per originally proposed:

"The plan is to run from Mt.Dandenong pub to Neerim via some interesting roads.

Photocopies of run will be available from starting point. Will not be issued over Forum site.

Suggest a 7:30am start."

Takers?

Dave

Steve

Me

Andy S

Hi mate, would love to be there in the swiss alps with the roof of the Coxster down. However will be O/S (Hongkonging)with the missus.

I think the direct email thing is a great idea being the slack person that I am.

Also the new sticker is proudly adorning the windscreen. Good job on those, they look grouse and nicely get the site across! Need to get some more of them out there. (A nice speed yellow one on the Coxster would look even grouser)

Regards to all,

Niko

Sounds like a great inaugural for Frosch and I, however I guess it hinges on me sorting out my Hot Start issues. Prior owner swears bad earth on the fuel pump relay, Injectors are not that old, nor is the fuel accumulator.... Or either an Auto Elec or and EFI place.... Not the thread for it but any advice would be great, I think its a common issue with the 3ltr....

But all going well I meet you on the 30th.

Trav

Also the new sticker is proudly adorning the windscreen. Good job on those, they look grouse and nicely get the site across! Need to get some more of them out there. (A nice speed yellow one on the Coxster would look even grouser)

Regards to all,

Niko

Cheers Niko, post a pic of it here, it might encourage others to do so too... people get a bit nervous about putting stuff on their baby, but I think they are pretty unobtrusive.

Kerry

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Niko, post a pic of it here, it might encourage others to do so too... people get a bit nervous about putting stuff on their baby, but I think they are pretty unobtrusive.

Kerry

Hi all,

I have just got back in from a buzz around the planned route for the 30th. All seems well, no road works etc.

The exact distance is 102 kms with a travelling time of 1hr:42mins from Mt Dandy pub and that was just tootaling along in my road car taking in the sights plus stopping for a piddle.

Should be grabbing something to eat by 9am with a bit of luck.

Will be a pleasant little early morning jaunt for those that are intending in coming along.

r. Dave

Good stuff Dave.

There are a couple of "possibles" that haven't committed yet, however Doug, Chris and I (who had a PFA meeting last night) are all definitely looking forward to it! :):):)

Lets hope for some dry-ish weather...

Cheers,

Kerry

Sounds great Dave, I am a starter, so looking forward to meeting you all as well as the drive!

I am with Kerry on the dry weather. My car normally only gets wet when I wash it!! :unsure::unsure::blink:

Cheers

chris

Kerry

A couple of photos are on, underneath your shots.

Regards,

Niko

Issue now sorted, been good for a week, so I think it's safe to say I'm going to make it.

BOM suggests sunny weather Sunday so it should be a nice run. Showers on Saturday so depending on how heavy the rain is, and the route we are taking, debris could be an issue. Granted not such an issue in the car, I just always noted these things when I'd take the bike out.

See you all at 7:30am.

Trav.

Just so we all start on the same page....

Mt Dandenong Hotel‎

1451 Mt Dandenong Tourist Rd

Olinda VIC 3788

(03) 9751 1202

Doug and Chris and I are going to be starting at North Rd and Nepean Hwy at around 6.15am (?) if anyone wants to start the convoy early.

Cheers,

Kerry

Chris and Doug, what do we think of this route?

GoogleMaps says 1.25mins, I'm allowing a leisurely Sinday morning drive of 1.15mins... thoughts?

Hi Kerry,

yep thats exactly the way I would have chosen to go!

Shall we meet at the Panasales carpark entrance on North road just back from the corner of Nepean Hwy and North Rd?

Cheers

C

Yep,

6:15am in Panasales car park (cnr Nepean Hwy & North Rd) sounds like a good plan to me.

I should get used to google maps, currently I am still a traditional Melways man. :rolleyes:

Doug

Dealio!

Kerry

Archived