DOH! - Paintless Dent Removal

Ben C3.o

As you can imagine I wasn't real happy with myself when I bumped the door into the bumper of the hilux this morning.

3P1A1406_zpsd8bdbc2b.jpg

I was recommended a paintless dent removal guy a couple of weeks ago and so gave him a call this afternoon. Pop around this afternoon he says and give me a look. 30min later under his angled fluoro's I couldn't see the dent anymore. Hopefully it will look just as good under natural light in the morning. Will post up a pic then.

So here is a free plug for George, who just happens to own a 911T and will be joining the PCNSW in the next few weeks.

Ultradent Lake Macquarie

Address: 159 Reservoir Rd, Cardiff Heights NSW 2285

Phone:0409 950 054

I have no affiliation with this business, just a happy customer.

I wasn't happy to say the least, there where three all up in the door, the one pictured that I did and two other hardly noticeable ones unless in the right light. Fingers crossed it's hard to see any of them now. Daylight tomorrow will tell.

I was surprised how soft the bump was for such a mark Vas. The P-car and the "truck" sleep quiet close together at night. I have the garage rigged so I can remove the chock from the back wheel of the P and pull it out of the garage without having to move the truck first. I was putting it away after a run but needed to adjust the wheels so opened the door just enough to reach the wheel and just off the trucks bumper. Lent in turned the wheel as required and silly me lent on the car to push myself out. The car rolled forward as I did and bump, I thought shit.... Pulled her back out and was left with the dint above. Not cool but my own fault.

Currently I am building a new garage for the truck so things aren't so tight in the main garage, maybe the P-car should get the new garage to herself complete with carpeted floor and padded walls. 

Yeah I've got a spare bonnet I might get him to look at. I've got another good guy in in Thornton but I am happy to give a fellow P-car guy a go. 

tie something in with the scotch night? lol

I might see him when i'm down there for the scotch night, I've got one of those each side lol

If they are like mine Russ he will have them out in an hour I recon. $77 he quoted for mine over the phone.

Theo was raving about this service and I believe his mini me (not quite mini me) actually does this too for a profession.

That's right Danesh. T-2 is a master of PDR.

I've seen him remove everything from basic dents to fully hail damaged cars.

On a recent SMT the wind caught my door and it opened onto Simon's car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paid Simon a visit one night and within 5 minutes it was sorted.

They wind the window down and slip a think plastic sheet down between the window and the repair to protect the glass from scratches. They then use an assortment of rods bent in different ways and slip them down between the plastic sheet and the repair and leaver off the plastic sheet with the rod pressing the dint from the inside. As they work the dint you can see it slowly vanish as they twist their rods slowly pressing the door back into shape. Worked really well and so simple.

Not a suction cup in site.

Archived