New member from WA

Hi everyone

I'm not sure if this is the right place for my first post. Mods, please move this if not correct.

The Story

When I was growing up, my father bought a 924 brand new. It was his pride and joy. We then moved from Malaysia to Australia and we sold up everything. He lost his job obviously and re-trained. In the meantime, we didn't have very much and we had to re-build as a family.

2 years ago my father had a pretty bad car accident and his bunky Camry was written off. He had a Jag S-Type which he didn't really drive a lot. I told him to sell the Jag and I'd buy him a Porsche to drive and keep as a toy for me and my young son to play with from time to time.

After looking for a while I found a decent 2001 Boxster S. I bought it and gave it to my father to drive as his daily. He loves this as it reminds him of the days when he had his 924 (although quite different cars). I love it too as it's such a brilliant handling car. My son loves riding in it too. The boys of the family really enjoy the bonding time we have together that this car has brought us. 

Pics

New shoes, tails, vinyl and tinting of ambers/windows

DSC01346.jpg

DSC01343.jpg

DSC01353.jpg

Nose job

Box4_zps735c56cc.jpg

I've got a photoshoot organised for the Boxster and my other car (Lexus ISF) tomorrow and will post up better pictures later. I'm not sure how long I'll keep the ISF as I've got a 996 TT itch that needs scratching. Part of the fun is the search. 

• 4 months later...

Congrats and lovely that you bought the car for 3 generations of bonding. It looks great I'm sped yellow with the turbo front.

With regards to your itch, for the price of a 996tt have you considered a 1995 993 c2 as an alternative. The 996tt is a great car (used to have one) but all that power is not really usable on the streets of Perth...

Archived