Have a look at this thing

The 30 year import rule is really opening up the options. Bring this (or one of the many "wants") in and admire it in the garage for a couple of years then you're ready to reg. and enjoy.  

But he wants $65k for it. That's AUD$72k. Then add shipping & import duties , ADR etc. Probably 85k by the time it's all sorted . For a LHD turbo-look that doesn't appeal to all?

Can you even import it before the 30 year rule applies?

But he wants $65k for it. That's AUD$72k. Then add shipping & import duties , ADR etc. Probably 85k by the time it's all sorted . For a LHD turbo-look that doesn't appeal to all?

Can you even import it before the 30 year rule applies?

According to Vicroads website.  Import, make any mods for local compliance then register.  As long as it is 30yrs+ when you register, it qualifies. Not sure about the other states.

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Registration/NewToVictoria/ImportedVehicleRegistration.htm

Are you bringing it home with you Coastr?

Sadly not in budget! And not having any luck locating anything on this trip.

The 30 year import rule is really opening up the options. Bring this (or one of the many "wants") in and admire it in the garage for a couple of years then you're ready to reg. and enjoy.

The rule is anything built before 1 Jan 1989 for imports. Otherwise you have to own it in the place you bought it for minimum of 12 months. State rules for registration vary- some are 15 years for LHD, some are 30 years. so yes, buy it, stick it in th garage and reg in a couple of years.

At first glance you might think its another body shop molestation until all that sexy documentation reveals its a pukka special wishes car.

Widebody hips and the wheel arch intakes from the Slantnose/400hp 930 WITHOUT a teatray spoiler predates the 30year jubilee 964 with the same combo (which is appealing IMO ) Pity it's a leftie

I Like this car. It appeals to me!

I love the black/champagne interioror combination, though I would delete the rear strakes, but they are very 1985 when testarossas were the thing.

Get buying! You're a LHD convert nowadays, and you've been eyeing a 3.2. Perfect next to the 912 and the 356. You can move the 3.0 to make space.

Who amongst us here doesn't think this thing will bring $100k within ten years? What would we pay today for a mint 73s special wishes with low mileage and all the factory documentation? Even at $60k landed this is serious value, even if you can't drive it until Feb 2015, which is only 18 months away.

Archived