911 From California to Brisbane - anyone done it?

Can I ask how you insured the Kombi for the trip down the coast?

It was almost impossible to find an insurer, but Progressive Insurance (same mob as here) accepted my foreign license and provided cover for 6 months for $388. I called up after out holiday and they refunded me $293 which included a $50 cancellation fee. You can do it all online, but you will need a US address to use. I used my friend in Valley Springs, CA and did disclose to them I was in a camper and travelling. 

Cheers

Steve

So, if I dig deep in the couch looking for spare change, it would be feasible to import a 1988 porsche 959 into Australia and drive it without having to make any modifications?

Does the same apply to ANY car manufactured and registered in their home country prior to 1989?

I thought some limitations would apply?

So, if I dig deep in the couch looking for spare change, it would be feasible to import a 1988 porsche 959 into Australia and drive it without having to make any modifications?

Does the same apply to ANY car manufactured and registered in their home country prior to 1989?

I thought some limitations would apply?

You can import for street use, yes. LhD and registration vary by state. You would likely ave to do some modifications, even if only child anchors and RHd headlights.

Archived