Nifty - Lift Bars for Those Without a Hoist

this is interesting, I couldn't really tell from the site - wonder if they work on older 911's

also what is the big benefit? that you don't have to know where to put axle stands?

this is interesting, I couldn't really tell from the site - wonder if they work on older 911's

also what is the big benefit? that you don't have to know where to put axle stands?

They would work well on the 924/944/968/928 models as they can be located in the holes that are jacking points in the body.

You could fashion a similar bar for 911's pre 964, that would have to have flat pads at each end that sit at the corners of the floor pan, however the problem is that the bar would have to be stepped to clear the pinch welds of the pan. It could be done but would take alot of careful designing to get it to be both stable and secure.

Then again, its not much of a problem to lift up a 911 as you can easily place the jack stands on both the front and rear torsion bar tubes.

Then again, its not much of a problem to lift up a 911 as you can easily place the jack stands on both the front and rear torsion bar tubes.

What's a torsion bar tube???

Interesting idea but I don't see the need for a 944 at least.  I do the same thing jacking the 944 at the single central jack point. Then pop the stands under the front and rear jack points.Plus you would need more clearance.

Am I missing something? I don see the need for a bar with pads for pre-964 911's. Lift both wheels per side using the centre jack point. You can use the standard jack or a trolley with an adapter. Once it's up high enough jack stands go in.

Am I missing something? I don see the need for a bar with pads for pre-964 911's. Lift both wheels per side using the centre jack point. You can use the standard jack or a trolley with an adapter. Once it's up high enough jack stands go in.

about half the thread apparently

zing (sorry, couldn't help it)

• 4 months later...
Guest hepkat63

pardon my tight a*** nature, but could you not just get a piece of 50mm * 50MM square RHS, screw in some bolts at each end in the correct place to line up with the jack lifting holes and achieve the same thing?

Some of the later 3.2's had lift points apparently.

Doug's late in 3.2 series for one.

I can guarantee that as I have had it up on my hoist a used them to put the lift arms under.

As for anything earlier in the 911 series I reckon you can forget it, no points on them for this whiz bang bar to fit in.

The thing that confused me though is that on his website he clearly shows what looks to be a very early 911 being raised. ???

If I'm wrong please set me straight

Dave

Archived