K&N air filters

GC9911

I have previously used K&N air filters without any issues (oiling up the MAF sensor etc) on my 996 & 997 , just interested if anyone else has any experience or comments re issues, performance benefits ( if any) etc. swapping out air filters on a 991 is pretty straight forward on a 991 AFTER you take the back of the car off!!!!!! Just wondering if it's worth the effort?

I would not do this if I were you.

The filters on the car, made in germany by Mann-Hummel are the best application for the vehicle.

You would also have warranty challenges by using aftermarket items on such a new car.(if the warranty is still valid?)

Stick to what Porsche puts on the car, they get it right, first time, everytime!

G'day,

I can't comment for the 991, but I was looking at installing the EVO CAI, however, Michael at AutoArt informs me that the BMC air filter improves response as tested on his dyno, hency why I went for this option.

I expect it is a personal preference over the K&N versus the BMC, but to my eye, they are the same.

I chose the BMC as my research showed they have been in the business longer for european cars.

Really, the back has to come off to change the air filter???????

Two weeks into ownership of my 986 and I needed a new MAF sensor.  Turns out the car had an oiled up K&N filter so I would stick with the Porsche part.

I can't comment on a 991 (unfortunately!) but are you able to elaborate on 'the back of the car has to come off" ?

Archived