That's close enough thank you

I know how you feel.

Haven't had that issue on the Reefton Spur, however have been in a situation with my youngest in the car the forced me to pull up onto the gravel around a blind corner.

Absolutely sh*t myself!

Another member on this forum had an even closer scare on St Andrews-Kinglake Rd.

On both of these occasions 4WDs were involved.

I know how you feel.

Haven't had that issue on the Reefton Spur, however have been in a situation with my youngest in the car the forced me to pull up onto the gravel around a blind corner.

Absolutely sh*t myself!

Another member on this forum had an even closer scare on St Andrews-Kinglake Rd.

On both of these occasions 4WDs were involved.

Yep that would be me, the experience is etched into my brain.

I thought I was a gonna, 4WD over taking on a blind corner straight into me and almost got sandwiched with him and the wall embankment. I really didn't think I would get out of it unscathed but It was the brilliant brakes on my car that saved me.

I had to drop the audio out so you couldn't hear the language....

don't think i had too much time to construct a decent sentence of abuse but there you go...

I did however get several good lungs full of burning brake smell for the next few hundred meters so I'm guessing he was in a little trouble himself....

bafe you look like you almost waved at  him.. I didn't detect any language in it at all!

Geez Jim - don't bother buying a lotto ticket by the sounds of it!

yep deffinately got lucky that day, can you believe

he didnt even stop let alone slow down and he was really

moving.

yep deffinately got lucky that day, can you believe

he didnt even stop let alone slow down and he was really

moving.

Generally speaking, most people can't admit fault in any capacity. When they screw up or do something like these drivers have done, shame, embarrassment and fear makes them defensive... just have to hope they realise later that they behaved in a reckless manner and change their ways as a result.

Also I'm guessing, majority of drivers would see the 'wanker' in the Porsche and instantly assume they aren't at fault anyways.. it was the racing sports car coming at them! 

Many moon ago, on one early morning, I was on my bike coming down the hills in Mt Dandenong, it was a damp morning, with dew on the roads, and I was leaning the bike over in a left hander when..... a bus came around the other side..... completely cutting the corner off.

S**T

I leaned the bike over further, back wheel starts to slide...

S**T

by some miracle I missed the bus, made it round the corner, didn't drop the bike..

Got down off the mountain. Sold the bike, turned to cars.

Many moon ago, on one early morning, I was on my bike coming down the hills in Mt Dandenong, it was a damp morning, with dew on the roads, and I was leaning the bike over in a left hander when..... a bus came around the other side..... completely cutting the corner off.

S**T

I leaned the bike over further, back wheel starts to slide...

S**T

by some miracle I missed the bus, made it round the corner, didn't drop the bike..

Got down off the mountain. Sold the bike, turned to cars.

As I'm reading this.. a guy I work with just limped past, he came off his bike in a similar way, broke his LEG bad. Multiple fractures, months off work , in and out of surgeries!

I think you were sensible :)

Now that is interesting.  I have to say, one of the things that bothers me post about 'some' people is their inability to admit fault or own their actions.  I've been through this recently...

Turned up for a 6am session with my (now former) strength and conditioning coach.  He's 15 minutes LATE... kept 8 people waiting mind you. I drive 21km to do this training and then have to drive across the CBD to get home to go to work in peak hour traffic.  He turns up at 6:15am. I train with my other half, who jumps out of the car and has a go at him - his reaction was to flip the bird - yes you heard correctly, he stuck up his middle finger in a F YOU motion!  I then called him on his behaviour and he comes out with an excuse.. not a "I'm  sorry", no owning his mistake.. just attitude. Which he later tried to cover up by saying it was done in 'jest'.  Even when I approached him again to say that I felt his behaviour was poor - I was ignored.

I should also point out this was the not first time he has been late. There was a continual behaviour pattern of poor punctuality shown by him.

We are now looking for a new place to train, on our side of town.

I have to say, I found this so bitterly disappointing as I liked, trusted and respected him.

One advantage to having the steering wheel on the wrong side (as long as you are passenger free though).

A fairly close shave (I meet these sorts of nanas just about everyday on a section of dirt road near home ; usually tradies or homeless youths testing out cars that aren't legally theirs.)

Archived