PCM navigation updates?

Orion03

Okay, apologies for the stupid question but... I'll be picking up a car on Saturday and looking forward to driving home using the Navigation system... if it has one .. lol

now, car was built in 2005, so the maps are from then. A lot has happen to the roads since then so... is there a way to update the PCM GPS maps?

Has this topic come up on PFA before?

Okay after a search on google and a read through Rennlist and piston heads.... seems like you can buy PCM update DVD's with updated maps but they cost hundreds of $ and... may have to be installed by the dealer? something about one time use codes etc?

Looks like i'll use my phone gps + mount in the short term to back up the car GPS.

I have created a backup disk  of the old man's 2007 Jag navigation DVD and put it in a 2001 Jag and it worked without issue. Also worked in a 2003 Lexus.

Maybe take your laptop to your first SMT just in case someone has an updated disk.

Bypasses are good for the drive ....

I disagree Nath.  You need the towns to refresh and break the monotony.  Hour after hour at 110kph is a killer. Last time I drove the Hume was returning from the ACT SMT in Feb.  Holbrook was still on the hwy, next stop was Macca's at Glenrowan just to get off the road and recharge the brain.

Archived