Facelifting a 997

Hounddub

Has anyone here ever gone about "lifting" their 997.1 to the 997.2?

I was checking 6speedonline and it seems to be a very common mod that many owners are doing. Personally I'm not interested in just adding DRLs and naff aftermarket LED rear lights, if I was to do it I'd be looking for a proper set of later generation bumpers and lights.

Any feedback or experiences from Oz, or else I'll look to get it done here before I ship.

Why would you try to make your car look like something it is not? Its like putting a turbo badge on the back IMO.

You will spend about 10k, and have something that does not look 100% and will be difficult to sell - and the 10k will be gone.

Enjoy the 997.1 for what it is, then upgrade to the .2 or 991 when they come down in price a bit more.

Haha from my experience people who ask this question on most of the forums I've been on for different cars always get flamed.

For what my 2c are worth, it's your car, so do whatever you want to it, we don't have to like it just you.

As for any advice sorry, no idea, but do post up pics of the transformation if/when you do it.

Putting later model bits on any car always reminds me of really bad hairpiece 

13.jpg

Is this an undetectable, go swimming in, charm the ladies piece that they advertise on the telly. 'cause if it is it aint working.

Now this is what you get when you spend the big bucks. A do that is completely seamless and realistic.

Is this an undetectable, go swimming in, charm the ladies piece that they advertise on the telly. 'cause if it is it aint working.

Now this is what you get when you spend the big bucks. A do that is completely seamless and realistic.

Dave You look so young and totally natural

No, please dont do it!!

Look at all the 911SC's, 3.2's and 964's that have had bits put on them to make them look like something else.  It ruins them.

When you find one that is original it looks so much better and is worth so much more!

it's your car, do what you like! don't let our opinions put you off if you really want to do it - I guess it's only looks that'll make it a worthwhile upgrade, as it seems like it doesn't' improve the value of the car

Archived